Frequently asked questions about eJournals
In the following FAQs, you will find the most important questions and answers about the Lufthansa eJournals.
1. You can access your eJournals via "My bookings" on lufthansa.com, via your personal pre-flight email three days before departure, via the Lufthansa app or via online check-in from 24 hours before departure.
2. You will always find the latest issue of your favourite newspaper or your favourite magazine in Media Box.
3. Click on the cover of your desired reading material and confirm download to your mobile electronic device.
4. You can now use your free download volume for the entire trip all at once or gradually until three days after your flight.
The number of personal free downloads you get depends upon your travel class and your frequent flyer status. Each Lufthansa passenger can download at least one newspaper free of charge or one magazine free of charge.
You can download your selected eJournals to your smartphone, tablet or notebook free of charge five days before departure and up to and including one day after your flight. The expiry date can be found in Media Box under the number of available downloads.
As soon as you have saved the title on your mobile device, the duration of use is unlimited.
Please use an alternative browser, for example Firefox or Chrome, to access your eJournals.
If the problem continues, it is advisable to delete your browser’s cache. This item can usually be found under your browser’s Internet settings.
Tip: If the download is interrupted for a variety of reasons, you can select and download the same daily newspaper or magazine again without using an additional download, even though the download counter stands at "0".
- If you would like to download a PDF file from the Internet into Apple Books, first open it in Safari and tap once with your finger anywhere in the document.
- A menu bar will now open at the top of the screen. Tap here on the right on "Open in Apple Books".
- The document will now be automatically saved in Apple Books.
- If you would like to download a PDF file from the Internet to your Android device, first open your browser and select the document.
- On most devices, the document will now be automatically downloaded and, after the download has been completed, will be located in your local "Downloads" folder. You can now open the document in the folder by clicking on it.
- When the PDF document opens in the browser, the PDF file can be saved locally by clicking on the "Save" icon (usually depicted as a "disk"). The publication can be found in your "Downloads" folder.
You can very easily obtain further newspapers and magazines via Media Box on payment of a fee or with your earned miles. This even works if you don’t have a current airline ticket.
Since we provide newspapers and magazines in the highest possible resolution, downloading can take some time. This is why we recommend using a WLAN connection or a Wi-Fi hotspot.