These are the terms and conditions of use for all the websites operated by Deutsche Lufthansa AG, in particular lufthansa.com (hereafter referred to as the "Lufthansa website").
The Lufthansa website is operated by Deutsche Lufthansa AG, Venloer Strasse 151-153, 50672 Cologne (referred to below as "Lufthansa").
Please review these terms and conditions carefully before using our website. By using the Lufthansa website you indicate your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions also apply when you use the Lufthansa website or areas of it from other websites that provide access to the Lufthansa website in full or in part.
2. Proprietary rights
All trademark rights, copyrights, database rights and other intellectual property rights to the contents of the Lufthansa website, (as well as the organisation and layout of the website), together with the underlying software code, rest either with Deutsche Lufthansa AG or with its licensors. You must not, either in whole or in part, copy, modify, distribute, use or reproduce in other form contents of the Lufthansa website or the underlying software code without the prior written consent of Deutsche Lufthansa AG.
3. Permissible use
All Lufthansa website online services (including the booking engine) are provided solely for the purpose of enabling you to check the availability of goods or services relating to your journey (the timetable, for example), make legitimate reservations, use our online check-in or transact other business with suppliers. You may only use the website in accordance with these terms and conditions and for the legally permitted purposes described above. In particular, you indicate your agreement to the following:
- 3.1 You must not use the Lufthansa website in a manner which causes an infringement of the proprietary rights of other people.
- 3.2 You must not use any devices, mechanisms, software or other scripts which could interfere with the working of the Lufthansa website. This also includes uploading files infected with viruses.
- 3.3 You must not take any action which could result in an unreasonable or excessive burden on the Lufthansa infrastructure.
- 3.4 You must not block, overwrite or modify any Lufthansa-generated content or in any other way disrupt the Lufthansa website.
- 3.5 You must not reproduce information from the Lufthansa website for commercial purposes. This also includes providing prices for Lufthansa flights on another website or another online server. In particular you must not copy, distribute or in any other way use or reproduce discarded content from the Lufthansa website with the help of "robots", other search engine technologies or through other automatic mechanisms.
- 3.6 You must not acquire, or attempt to acquire, any unauthorised access to any of our networks, by whatever means.
- 3.7 You must not make any unauthorised, false or fraudulent bookings, in particular any bookings which are paid for with credit cards or bank account details belonging to a third party who has not consented to this.
4. Consequences of improper use
Without prejudice to our other rights (irrespective of whether they are based on law or other regulations), we reserve the right to cancel your booking without reference to you and/or to deny you access to the Lufthansa website if you have contravened these terms and conditions of use.
5. Changes to the website
We reserve the right to make improvements or modifications in respect of the information, services, products and other contents of the Lufthansa website at any time and without notice.
6. Links to other websites
This website may contain links or references to other websites which are not operated by Lufthansa. Unless otherwise specified, we do not endorse any of these other websites and expressly disassociate ourselves herewith from all contents of these sites. This declaration applies to all links to external sites covered by Lufthansa and to all the contents of these sites to which these links lead.
We reserve the right to make the link to other websites contingent upon our express written consent and to withdraw our consent to a link at any time.
7. Legal disclaimer
Lufthansa accepts no liability whatsoever for the topicality, accuracy, completeness or quality of the information provided by third parties (e.g. co-operation partners, tour operators, airport operators, website users). Claims for liability against Lufthansa relating to damages of a material or non-material kind, which were caused by usage or non-usage of the information presented, are excluded, unless there is evidence of wilful or grossly negligent fault on Lufthansa’s part.
8. Storage of IP addresses
When you visit the Lufthansa website, our web server automatically saves the IP address of your internet service provider, the website you are visiting us from, the web pages that you visit on our site and the date and duration of your visit. In the event of infringements of these terms and conditions, we will keep the stored IP address to use in pursuance of civil law claims and for the resolution of criminal offences.