One journey, countless possibilities: your upgrade to Business Class on journeys within Europe
Enjoy more space in Business Class on short-haul flights and treat yourself to an upgrade at a fixed price.
How to book your upgrade on flights within Europe
An upgrade can be booked from 360 days prior to the flight and at the latest 24 hours before departure. During this time, call up your journey online under My Bookings. The system checks automatically which of your flights qualifies for an upgrade. Then click on the "Upgrade" link. Confirm your choice for the flight or flights on which you would like to upgrade. Now enter your payment details and confirm your upgrade booking. You will receive a booking confirmation at the email address you have provided.
Of course, you can also book upgrades for other flights at a later date (up to a maximum of 24 hours before departure).
Please note that your original ticket’s fare conditions, i.e. the rules for rebooking, refunds and baggage, remain unchanged. Likewise, the free baggage allowance of the originally booked Economy fare still applies. You will find this on your passenger receipt. If chargeable ancillary services were booked for the original ticket and these services are included as standard in the new travel class, no refund is possible (except in the case of paid-for advance seat reservations).
With an upgrade to Business Class, you will benefit from the following additional amenities and services:
- Use of the Fast Lane at security, provided this is available at the respective airport
- Access to the Lufthansa Business Lounges at the respective departure airport
- Priority boarding, provided that a passenger bridge is in use
- A seat in the front rows of the cabin and the guarantee of an empty adjacent seat
- A full meal and a large selection of beverages
- A selection of periodicals and glossy magazines
- An additional item of carry-on baggage
- A higher mileage credit under the Miles & More frequent flyer programme
- Status and award miles are credited. Further information is available at: Miles & More
- All other conditions of the originally booked ticket remain unchanged.
Prices for an upgrade to Business Class on German domestic routes and on routes between Germany and other European countries are dependent on the route, the booking class and the flight duration.
Upgrades are available under the following conditions:
- bookable in the period from 360 days up to 24 hours prior to departure
- Availability in the correspondingly higher upgrade booking class
- Confirmed reservation (no waiting list bookings)
- An already issued ticket
- Flights under Lufthansa flight numbers that are operated by Lufthansa or Lufthansa Regional (Lufthansa Cityline)
- Upgrades via lufthansa.com are only possible for all passengers travelling under one booking. If you only want to purchase upgrades for some of the passengers travelling under one booking, please contact our Service Center.
An upgrade is not possible in the following instances:
- For flights for which you have already checked in
- For train and bus connections
- For journeys for which chargeable additional services have already been booked, but not paid for and the relevant service documents have not been issued.
- For journeys for which additional services have already been booked which prohibit an upgrade, such as taking a pet into the aircraft cabin.
Further information about your upgrade
Find out all the information about rebooking or cancelling tickets and other services in the event of disruptions to flights.