Current flight information
Due to the German Federal Police's instructions of January 24, 2021, passengers from high-incidence- and virus variant-areas are subject to respect extended travel conditions. According to the Robert Koch Institute, the following countries currently belong to these two areas:
High incidence areas:
Albania, Andorra, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Colombia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Egypt, Iran, Israel, Kosovo, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Mexico, Montenegro, Northern Macedonia, Palestinian Territories, Panama, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, United States of America, United Arab Emirates.
Virus variant areas:
Brazil, Ireland, South Africa, Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Portugal (as of 27. January 2021)
Lufthansa is currently allowed to carry all booked passengers on departures from these countries under the following conditions:
- The following passengers must present a negative test result (PCR, antigen, RT-LAMP or TMA) at the time of departure, not older than 48 hours prior to the scheduled time of entry into Germany and complete an online registration at www.einreiseanmeldung.de.
- ex high incidence areas: only passengers with final destination in Germany
- ex virus variant areas: all passengers (also with onward flight and without entry in Germany)
- All passengers with final destination in Germany must follow the local German quarantine regulations. Information about this can be found here
- All passengers with a connecting flight to a destination outside Germany must observe the entry regulations of the corresponding destination country in addition to the above-mentioned obligations
Passengers who are subject to mandatory testing as mentioned above must present a negative test result at departure on paper or in an electronic document in English, French or German. The test on which the result is based must have been taken no more than 48 hours before the planned entry in Germany. The underlying test (PCR, antigen, RT-LAMP or TMA) must meet the requirements of the Robert Koch Institute (https://www.rki.de/tests). Passengers are requested to contact the Federal Police directly for further inquiries.
You can find more information here.
For more information on the designation of international risk areas, click here.
Many countries are currently issuing decrees on entry and/or quarantine regulations. Additionally, it is compulsory to wear a face mask at many airports.
Entry and/or transit regulations, as well as the policies concerning face masks at the individual airports, are subject to change on short notice. We advise you, to make yourself familiar with the country-specific regulations along your journey before you start your travels.
More information can be found here.
Due to the complex and restrictive entry regulations of individual European countries, Lufthansa will collect passport / ID card data for all flights from Germany to European Destinations since 06 May.
This will be done via an automated query during check-in. Please make sure you check the current regulations of your destination country before you start your journey and have your passport documents or ID cards ready even on intra-European flights.
You can find the latest information about rebooking options here:
Travel and corona
It’s time to be reunited with the world. This page will show you the destinations that Lufthansa is already flying to again, the hygiene measures we have introduced and what you can do to travel safely and flexibly.
Entry regulations for your destination
You will find the latest entry regulations for your destination here.
Extended rebooking options
Stay flexible and modify your bookings without paying a rebooking fee.