A concert tour, team outing or school trip? There are lots of different reasons for a group trip. You can now request a group trip even more easily and conveniently on lufthansa.com and book it at the best possible price.
Your group booking on lufthansa.com
- Individual, no-obligation quote
- Payment within seven days of booking
- Payment by credit card* or bank transfer
- The names of group members must be provided up to 14 days before departure. If the names are not available by this deadline, the booking will be cancelled (see Cancellation and Refunds).
- Issuance of travel documents (tickets) 14 days before departure
- 20% of the group can be cancelled free of charge up to the time the travel documents are issued – a minimum group size of 10 people must remain
- Departures from airports in Germany, Austria or Switzerland** only (for all other countries, please contact your usual travel agency)
- Only departure and destination locations within the Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa and SWISS route networks that are served by the Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa or SWISS fleets
- Open-jaw flights and solely outbound flights are possible
- Flights by the following airlines can be combined:
- Lufthansa with Austrian Airlines
- Lufthansa with SWISS
- Lufthansa with Austrian Airlines
* Depending on your chosen payment method, an OPC may apply to sales in Switzerland in addition to the price displayed. Please be aware that the OPC cannot be refunded if your trip is cancelled.
** Only for persons resident in Germany, Austria or Switzerland (for all other countries, please contact your usual travel agency)
Travel for groups of 10 or more people
Just get in touch with us to receive an individual quotation for your group by email.
Note: The processing time is currently one to two days. Please refrain from calling our team and use only our e-mail contact after your booking has been confirmed.
We have compiled the most frequently asked questions and their answers for you below.
A group trip consists of at least 10 passengers who are travelling together and who are entitled to seats.
Please note that children under the age of 12 years may only travel if accompanied by adults.
Bookings for a group who are starting their journey in Germany, Austria or Switzerland can be requested online using the above form.
If your departure airport is not in one of these three countries, please ask your usual travel agency to make your group booking. Travel agencies are kindly requested to contact their relevant Lufthansa service team.
The price for a group is calculated independently of the lowest online price. It is calculated individually according to capacity and can be higher than the single seat fare sold online. The number of seats available in the aircraft decreases per booking. It may therefore be the case that a seat is still available for an individual passenger at a lower price, but not to a group because of the number of travellers.
344 days – for a trip only using Lufthansa flights
344 days – for Lufthansa flights with involvement by Austrian Airlines and SWISS,
provided that the return flight is within this time frame.
Yes, provided that the required group size of at least 10 people remains and the group terms and conditions permit it.
Your passenger receipt will be available for you to download and print out as a PDF document from 24 hours after your ticket is issued until 30 days after the end of your trip, provided that this receipt has not already been issued elsewhere.
To book a train ticket, please contact the Lufthansa Service Center or a travel agency.
You will receive two separate DB pick-up numbers (one for your outbound journey and one for your return journey). A single Rail&Fly ticket will be saved for you under each of these numbers at the DB long-distance ticket machine. If you are travelling with several other people, each person will receive one pick-up number for their outbound journey and one for their return journey.
With these numbers you can print out your ticket at any DB long-distance ticket machine from 72 hours before the start of your journey. There are more than 3,500 such DB ticket machines throughout Germany. You can easily find out where your nearest one is located via bahn.de/railandfly
You will find further information about the Rail&Fly offer here (Rail&Fly arriving by train).
Yes, as a group you can also use online check-in, including choosing seats via the seat map diagram. To do this, please log in yourself and then use the "Add another passenger" button. You can choose a seat on the seat map for each passenger individually on each route by first clicking on the passenger’s name and then on the seat that you would like to reserve.
Our terms and conditions for group trips
Find out about the requirements for your group trip here
Group trips with flight & hotel?
Would you like to book a flight and hotel as an inclusive package for your group? On Lufthansa Holidays we offer you individual quotes for your trip.
Looking for travel tips?
Be inspired by our travel reports on more than 50 cities worldwide!