Student Travels Originating in Thailand
We've got you covered for travel from Thailand to Europe
Planning for your study abroad can be daunting and stressful. But not to worry, Lufthansa has got you covered! If you are travelling one-way or return from Thailand to Europe, you enjoy significant savings with our Student Fares.
Our Student Fares include two free pieces of check-in baggage; which means that you don't have to worry about leaving any of your favourite things behind when you pack for your trip.
Student Fares are clearly identified as "Student" (with the blue dot) on the flight selection page.
Please use your registered university email address to complete the student verification step, after selecting your flights. If for any reason you do not yet have a registered student email address, please e-mail us at email@example.com with proof of your current student status showing the validity dates. We will then enable you to complete the student verification using your private email address.
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions regarding Student fares, please refer to our Lufthansa Student Fares overview.
For all other queries, please contact our Service Centre.
To book our Student fares, enter your flight details below
Please remember to book ‘Student’ fares which have a blue dot next to them in order to receive the Student fare benefits which include 2x23kg baggage allowance.
Please note: currently it is not possible to book our Student fares on mobile devices. Please use a desktop / laptop to make a booking.
- For bookings originating in Thailand, student fares are only available in Economy Class, to destinations in Europe. Two free pieces of check-in baggage will be offered.
- Student fares are valid for travel until 31 December 2024 only.
- Student fares are clearly identified as "Student" (with the blue dot) on the flight selection page.
- Student fares are also offered for one-way bookings from the United Kingdom to Thailand. Find out more.
- Student fares should only be booked for one student per booking. For groups of multiple students, please make separate bookings.
- Passengers must be full-time students aged 18 and above, enrolled in a higher educational institution with a valid student email address and must have a valid identification* as noted below.
- Student identification, i.e. *a valid educational institution-issued student identification card or University admission letter, must be presented upon request at any airport check-in counter or gate. Failure to do so may result in additional collection up to cost of the full published fare.
- Name in all documents must appear as per Passport. Name changes are not permitted.
- Student Fares are entitled to 2 pieces of check-in baggage weighing up to 23kg each. For more information on baggage, please see our Baggage Overview.
- We regret that Student discount and additional baggage allowance cannot be added to previously made bookings.
- Fares are subject to change without notice and are based on the most direct routing to each destination. Fares include applicable taxes, fees, carrier and airport charges. Additional baggage fees may apply. Seats are limited and may not be available on all days/flights. Other restrictions may apply.
Prior to booking your flight, please ensure that you comply with the current entry and transit regulations for your destination. More information on these regulations can be found here.
If you wish to reschedule/rebook, or cancel your flight booking, you can do this online by logging in to your booking.
When rebooking, please ensure you select the Student fare option in order to keep the student fare benefits such as additional baggge allowance. There may be a charge if the price if your new flight(s) is higher.
When cancelling a Student fare, a fee may be charged.
If you do not see the option to cancel or rebook a Student fare online, or if you need further clarifications, please contact your local Service Centre for assistance.