Student travels originating in Thailand
We've got you covered for travel from Thailand to Europe
- If you make a one-way or round-trip booking from Thailand to Europe, our student fares offer significant savings
- Our student fares include two free pieces of check-in baggage; weighing no more than 23kg each
- Enjoy flexibility on your travel dates, and the option of a refund against a fee
- Student fares are clearly identified as "Student" (with a blue dot) on the flight selection page
How to book student fares
- To book our student fares, begin by verifying your student status below. Upon successful verification, the page will reload and you will be able to search and book your chosen flights
- Please remember to book ‘Student’ fares which have a blue dot next to them in order to receive the student fare benefits which include 2x23kg baggage allowance
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions regarding student fares, please refer to our Lufthansa student fares overview. For further support please e-mail us at email@example.com stating where you wish to fly from and to.
For all other queries, please contact our Service Centre.
To book our student fares, please verify your student status
Please note: You are required to verify your student status each time before making a flight search.
A new and improved verification process will be coming soon.
- For bookings originating in Thailand, student fares are only available in Economy Class, to destinations in Europe. Two free pieces of check-in baggage will be offered.
- Student fares are only offered on flights operated by Lufthansa Group airlines.
- Student fares are valid for travel until 31 December 2024 only.
- Student fares are clearly identified as "Student" (with the blue dot) on the flight selection page.
- Student fares are also offered for one-way bookings from the United Kingdom to Thailand. Find out more.
- Student fares should only be booked for one student per booking. For groups of multiple students, please make separate bookings.
- Passengers must be full-time students aged 16 and above, enrolled in a higher educational institution with a valid student email address and must have a valid identification* as noted below.
- Student identification, i.e. *a valid educational institution-issued student identification card or University admission letter, must be presented upon request at any airport check-in counter or gate. Failure to do so may result in additional collection up to cost of the full published fare.
- Name in all documents must appear as per Passport. Name changes are not permitted.
- Student fares are entitled to 2 pieces of check-in baggage weighing up to 23kg each. For more information on baggage, please see our Baggage Overview.
- We regret that student discount and additional baggage allowance cannot be added to previously made bookings.
- Fares are subject to change without notice and are based on the most direct routing to each destination. Fares include applicable taxes, fees, carrier and airport charges. Additional baggage fees may apply. Seats are limited and may not be available on all days/flights. Other restrictions may apply.
If you wish to reschedule/rebook, or cancel your flight booking, you can do this online by logging in to your booking.
When rebooking, please ensure you select the Student fare option in order to keep the student fare benefits such as additional baggge allowance. There may be a charge if the price if your new flight(s) is higher.
When cancelling a Student fare, a fee may be charged.
If you do not see the option to cancel or rebook a Student fare online, or if you need further clarifications, please contact your local Service Centre for assistance.