Digital document check: our service to ensure a relaxed trip
Have you remembered all your travel documents? And are they all valid for your forthcoming trip? Be safe and use the free option to have your Covid-19 travel documents checked by our Health Entry Support Centre before the start of your trip. This will help you enjoy a relaxed start to your flight.
Fast, simple, digital: your benefits
- Be certain in good time that you have met all the relevant entry requirements
- Fast and prompt notification if your documents are missing, incomplete or incorrect
- Your digital boarding pass is issued once your document check has been completed successfully
- Get that secure feeling that you will arrive at the airport with the correct documents and so make your way to boarding relaxed
Several systems will be put in place in the future to digitize and standardize the document check. Lufthansa offers digital document checks via the Health Entry Support Centre on several connections.
Using the digital check for your entry documents in accordance with the relevant Covid regulations of your country of travel is voluntary. You can also continue to have them checked manually at the airport. However, please note that this may result in longer waiting times.
Which documents do I have to upload?
Different regulations apply depending on the destination and route. Find out about the regulations for entering Germany and about international entry requirements in good time.
Documents that usually need to be uploaded include:
- digital registration on entry (e.g. the DEA for Germany or the Passenger Locator Form for Spain and Portugal)
- proof of vaccination (ideally with a printed QR code) indicating that you are fully vaccinated (in accordance with the current definition from the Robert Koch Institute) and/or
- official proof of a negative text result (test type in accordance with the requirements of the destination country)
Upload your Covid-19 entry documents
Upload your completed entry documents using the form.
We will then check that your uploaded documents are complete and correct.
You will receive confirmation that the documents are valid for entry or you will receive feedback that the documents you submitted were incomplete or invalid.
Your digital boarding pass is issued once the check has been completed successfully.
Please note that you can submit your documents at the earliest 72 hours and at the latest 12 hours before departure.
The term "Covid-19 entry documents" refers to all the Covid-19 documents currently required for entry to, or sometimes also for departure from, a country. These include digital registration on entry such as the DEA or Passenger Locator Form for Spain and Portugal and proof of your test results. Different documents are required depending on the destination and route. You can obtain information about this from the authorities of the county concerned.
Our Health Entry Support Centre checks that the documents you submitted are valid at the time of travel, and that they are complete and credible.
Please note: Vaccination certificates must contain the following information:
- Date of birth
- Date of vaccination
This data must be identical with other documents.
The digital document check via the Health Entry Support Centre is available on all routes to Germany.
Also for connections from Germany to:
|United Kingdom||Hong Kong|
|USA*||United Arab Emirates|
* New York, Washington D.C., Boston, Philadelphia, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston, Detroit, Atlanta, Denver, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Miami, Orlando, San Diego, Austin and Seattle.
You can submit your documents for checking at the earliest 72 hours before departure, and at the latest 12 hours before departure.
- Please note that the digital document check may be carried out from 72 hours before departure and bookings before that time are not displayed.
- Please check your entries for typing errors. Please make sure that you enter any other first name(s) and title(s) correctly, as added to your first name at the time of booking. Your first name in this case must be entered in accordance with your booking, e.g. MAXPETER, MAXMR or MAXDRMR.
- If you bought your ticket from Austrian Airlines, SWISS or Brussels Airlines, please upload your documents to the website of the airline concerned.
Submission of the QR code is sufficient with an EU Digital Covid Certificate (DCC).
If it is not a EU DCC, please upload the entire document showing all the information. This also applies to countries whose vaccination certificate does not show a QR code.
Please upload your vaccination certificate if you have recovered and were then vaccinated.
Please note that some destination countries require proof of recovery in addition to vaccination and you must upload proof of recovery in addition to your vaccination certificate.
- Only start uploading when you have all the documents.
- Please make sure that your uploaded documents are legible and of sufficiently good resolution. Please take the photos from above, avoiding shadows caused by creases, lay the documents on a flat surface and make sure that the flash does not cause any reflections.
- Please upload each document as only one file (e.g. front and back of your test certificate combined in one file).
- The data in your booking must clearly match the data in your uploaded document, e.g. personal details must correspond. Please make sure your first name, surname and any other first names and name changes are spelled correctly.
Please do not upload any encrypted data. We will encrypt the data for your security.
Your browser will display a message to confirm that they have been sent. Once they have been received at our Health Entry Support Centre, you will receive a confirmation of receipt by email. The Health Entry Support Centre will then check that your documents are up-to-date, complete and credible.
Next you will receive a confirmation that your documents are valid for entry and after check-in you can issue your boarding pass digitally.
If the outcome of the document check is negative, you will receive feedback that the documents you submitted are incomplete or invalid. In this case you can start the process again using more up-to-date or more complete documents.
If the deadline for a digital document check (between 72 and 12 hours before departure) has passed, you can also present your documents at the check-in counter.
Once the digital document check is complete, you can travel to the airport with peace of mind, knowing that you have the correct, valid documents with you. In the case of some destinations, local regulations may require your documents to be checked once more at your departure airport.
However, at Frankfurt and Munich Airports you can still use the self-service machines to check in and drop off your baggage.
Some countries require a manual check of your travel documents. In these cases, a boarding pass is only issued at the check-in desk after the documents have been checked manually.
A successful check will give you certainty that you have the correct documents and they are complete. Please carry the documents with you at all times.
If you have bought a ticket from Austrian Airlines, Brussles Airlines or SWISS, please upload your documents to the website of the respective airline.
If your trip includes connecting flights, you must take account of the entry regulations of your transfer country and final destination. So please upload all the documents needed for the entire journey to the digital document check.
This might also be of interest to you
Travelling and Covid-19
At Lufthansa, your safety is our top priority. That is why you will find the most important information about planning your journey here.
Check the entry requirements at your destination or find out about the requirements for Covid-19 tests.
All your dream destinations at a glance
Be inspired by our interactive world map and book your flight to summer horizons straight away.