Problems with baggage
Loss of personal items
If you have left something behind on board one of our aircraft or in one of our Lufthansa lounges, please report this immediately on arrival either:
- at the Lufthansa baggage tracing counter at the airport or
- at the Lufthansa service counter at the airport.
With the help of your detailed description, we will carry out an intensive search and endeavour to locate this item as quickly as possible. As soon as we have found it, we will contact you to arrange how to return it to you.
Items lost at Frankfurt Airport or on flights to Frankfurt
Please use the form to report your loss.
Alternatively, you also have the option of going directly to the lost property office (Terminal 1, Area A, Level 0):
- From March to October: Monday to Sunday from 06:00 hours to 20:00 hours (summertime)
- From October to March: Monday to Sunday from 08:00 hours to 16:00 hours (wintertime)
If individual items or the entire contents of your baggage are missing, you should report this immediately upon arrival:
- at the Lufthansa baggage tracing counter at the airport
- at the Lufthansa service counter at the airport or
- by using our contact form*
* Reporting the loss at a later date can only be accepted if this is done in writing online within seven days.