The “Doctor on Board” programme of Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines and SWISS
If medical assistance is needed on board, we are helped by doctors who have joined our “Doctor on Board” programme. Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines and SWISS thank them for their assistance with:
- 5,000 Miles & More award miles on their next flight
- a copy of the “Handbook of Aviation Medicine and Inflight Medical Emergencies”
- a “Doctor on Board” bag tags designed exclusively for those taking part in the programme
- the opportunity (for a fee) to attend a course run by Lufthansa’s Medical Service and to acquire CME points while doing so
When a doctor registers with the programme, details of their medical specialism will be recorded by Miles & More so that, in the event of a medical emergency, the flight attendants can approach the doctor. If several doctors are on board, a medical consultation of several specialisms is possible.
Doctor on Board courses
We are delighted to be able to offer our programme doctors a Doctor on Board course once more. The courses take place at SWISS in Zurich and at Lufthansa in Frankfurt and are led by Lufthansa Aviation Training.
- November 4, 2023 in Zurich
- December 9, 2023 in Frankfurt
Please note that the courses are conducted in German.
Liability and insurance
The legal position of the attending doctors is safeguarded: within the framework of the third-party insurance that Deutsche Lufthansa AG has taken out for such cases, doctors on board are covered against possible compensation claims by the passenger they have treated. Intent is, of course, excluded. This liability disclaimer applies to doctors and skilled lay assistants.
Doctor on Board—good to know
Stay up-to-date. Find out all the important news and relevant developments in the field of medical care on board.
Are you a doctor and interested in our “Doctor on Board” programme? If so, why not register straight away?
- If you are not already a Miles & More member, please register first. You will immediately receive your Miles & More card number, which you can then enter on your registration form. Go to Miles & More registration
- You can register for our doctors’ programme as follows: simply download the form Registration for the “Doctor on Board” programme (PDF, 1,280 kB), print it out and then upload it, together with a copy of your licence to practise or your specialist certification, to the Miles & More website in the “Help & Contact” > “Miscellaneous” > “Miscellaneous” area at the end of the input screen.
- When you book flights in future, simply quote your Miles & More card number as usual. That way we will know that we can depend on your medical assistance on board.