Each passenger can take a maximum number of 2 animals on a flight.
• 2 Pets in Cabin (PETC) – in one kennel, or
• 1 Pet in Cabin (PETC)) and 1 Animal in Hold (AVIH) – 1 animal per container in each case, or
• 2 Animals in Hold (AVIH) – maximum of 1 animal per kennel
• 1 Animal in Hold AVIH – maximum of 2 animals in a kennel , or
• 1 Animal in Hold (AVIH) and an Emotional Support Animal (ESAN) or a Service Animal (SVAN)
• If more than one Emotional Support Animal (ESAN) or Service Animal (SVAN) is travelling, no additional Animal in Hold (AVIH) is allowed.
For further information please contact our Service Center at +49 (0) 69-86-799-799 *, or one of our local Lufthansa phone numbers. We ask for your understanding that there may be longer waiting times due to the increased volume of calls.
* Calls from landlines are charged at local rates, prices from the mobile networks depend on the provider and may vary.