Save valuable time and enjoy more relaxed travel! With our automated check-in, you will receive your boarding pass easily by text or email directly to your mobile phone 23 hours before your flight departs.
Information about online or mobile boarding passes
We ask for your understanding that for regulatory reasons, we are currently not permitted to issue online or mobile boarding passes on some routes. In such cases, you will only receive a check-in confirmation. A boarding pass will then only be issued after your coronavirus-related travel documents have been checked at a counter at the airport.
You can find more information about the coronavirus-related travel documents you require by entering your departure and destination airports here:
Automated check-in for Lufthansa flights in Germany and Europe
even more convenient for Lufthansa iD profile users and Miles & More members
Lufthansa iD profile users & Miles & More members
- As a Lufthansa iD profile user and Miles & More customer, you can now enjoy an even more relaxed start to your journey. Automated check-in is already enabled for you on flights in the Schengen Area*, and for flights which have been booked up to 24 hours before departure, you will automatically receive your boarding pass 23 hours before departure on the email address or mobile phone number entered in your profile.
- Choose in your Lufthansa iD and Miles & More profile whether you wish to receive your mobile boarding pass as a text or without encryption in an email. To receive your mobile boarding pass by text, you must have saved both your mobile phone number and your email address (so we can send you your passenger receipt) in your profile.**
- All self services continue to be available: seat change, home-printed bag tag, eJournals and check-in cancellation.
- You can disable the automated check-in option in your customer profile at any time.
- Automated check-in cannot be used for flights which do not take place completely in the Schengen Area. In these instances, you will receive a separate check-in invitation as usual.
Register via the link in your booking confirmation – every time you book a flight
- If you are not a Lufthansa iD profile user or Miles & More member, you can also register for automated check-in via the link in your booking confirmation.
- In this case, the service will only apply to the booked flight and only to a confirmed booking.
- You will receive your boarding pass – depending on your choice – by email (unencrypted) or text** to the email address or mobile phone number you have provided.
If, after automated check-in, you wish to change your seat or cancel your check-in, you can do so via the link in your mobile boarding pass. You can rebook in the Lufthansa app or on lufthansa.com under “My Bookings”, provided that your ticket’s fare conditions permit rebooking.
Please be aware of the check-in deadlines – the times by when you must be in possession of your boarding pass and have checked in your baggage. These deadlines vary from airport to airport.
Create your Lufthansa iD profile
Still not set up a Lufthansa iD profile? Register with your email address:
Register with Miles & More
Not yet a Miles & More member? Register in a few easy steps:
*The Schengen Area in the European Union constitutes a common area for security and legal jurisdiction and enables the free movement of people within the EU member states. Currently the Area comprises the following member states: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
**Registration and the sending of texts are free of charge. You are responsible for paying any additional charges from your service provider (e.g. for receipt of texts abroad or for sending texts to a foreign provider’s mobile number).