Digital document check
For many journeys - especially long-haul flights - it is necessary to have proof of your Covid-19 documents (e.g. proof of vaccination) checked even before your departure and to present an entry declaration on entering the country. Use our free offer to have your documents checked and send us the Covid-19 documents required for your flight no sooner than 72 hours and no later than eight hours before departure. This means you will be notified in good time whether your Covid-19 documents are valid or whether you need to act urgently.
For travel to the USA
Passengers who do not have US citizenship and are not US residents are required by the US authorities to carry with them a printed version of the “Combined Passenger Disclosure and Attestation Form”. Please ensure that you can show the certificate at any time if required.
Upload entry documents now
Your opinion is important to us
In order to help us to offer you the best possible service, please complete our digital document check questionnaire and give us your feedback on its ease of use and intelligibility.
Fast, simple and digital: your benefits
For many journeys it is necessary to have proof of your Covid-19 documents (e.g. proof of vaccination) checked even before your departure and to present an entry declaration on entering the country.
- Be certain in good time that you have met all the relevant entry requirements
- Fast and prompt notification if your Covid-19 documents are incomplete, incorrect or if something is missing
- Your digital boarding pass is issued once your document check has been completed successfully
- Get that good feeling that you will arrive at the airport with the correct Covid-19 documents and so make your way to boarding relaxed
Required entry documents
Covid-19 documents that you usually have to upload include:
- Digital entry declaration, depending on the requirements of the destination country
- Proof of vaccination (ideally with a printed QR code) indicating that you have been fully vaccinated (in accordance with the current regulations from the Robert Koch Institute)
- If applicable, official proof of a negative test result (test type in accordance with the requirements of the destination country)
If you do not wish to take advantage of our free offer, you can also present your Covid-19 documents at the check-in desk.
This is how to upload your entry documents
Check the entry requirements for your destination country and put together all the digital Covid-19 documents you need. Make sure that you use the correct file format and that your documents are legible.
Upload your complete entry documents encrypted using the form (up to eight hours before departure).
Your Covid-19 documents are uploaded in encrypted form and we will then only check that they are complete and correct.
You will receive confirmation that the documents are valid or you will receive feedback that the Covid-19 documents you submitted are incomplete or invalid.
We will issue your digital boarding pass after successful verification of your Covid-19 documents.
Questions and answers about the digital document check
For an EU DCC (EU Digital COVID Certificate), the submission of the QR code is sufficient.
If it is not an EU DCC, please upload the entire document showing all the information. This also applies to countries whose vaccination certificate does not show a QR code.
- Do not start uploading until you have all the Covid-19 documents ready.
- Please make sure that the Covid-19 documents you upload are legible and of high resolution. Please take the photos from above, avoiding shadows caused by creases, lay the documents on a flat surface and make sure that the flash does not cause any reflections.
- Please upload each Covid-19 document as one file (e.g. the front and back page of your test certificate combined in one file).
- The data in your booking must clearly match the data in your uploaded document, e.g. personal details must correspond. Please make sure your first name, last name and any other first names and name changes are spelled correctly.
- Please do not upload any encrypted data. We will encrypt the data for your security.
Will I still have to go to the check-in desk if I have uploaded my Covid-19 entry documents for the digital document check?
Once the digital document check is complete, you can travel to the airport with peace of mind, knowing that you have the correct, valid documents with you. When flying to certain destinations, local regulations may require your documents to be checked once more at your departure airport.
However, at Frankfurt and Munich Airports you can still use the self-service machines to check in and drop off your baggage.
Why is it not possible to have a boarding pass issued in some cases even though the Covid-19 travel documents have been checked successfully?
Some countries require a manual check of your travel documents. In these cases, a boarding pass is only issued at the check-in desk after the documents have been checked manually.
A successful check will give you certainty that you have the correct Covid-19 documents and that they are complete. Please carry your Covid-19 documents with you at all times.
Can I also use the digital document check if I have an Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines or SWISS ticket?
If you bought your ticket from Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines or SWISS, please upload your Covid-19 documents on the website of the airline concerned.
If your trip includes connecting flights, you have to take into consideration the entry regulations of your transfer country as well as the regulations of the final destination. So please upload all the Covid-19 documents required for the entire journey to the digital document check.
Information about data protection and the processing of your information
Providing you consent to the processing of your information in accordance with Art. 9(2)(a) GDPR, your travel-related booking information and the entry documents referred to above will be uploaded via the encrypted web form. The data is processed by our Health Entry Support Centre solely for the purpose of checking that you have complied with the entry requirements of the country concerned. You will be notified of the result of the check by email. The data and documents you provided will be deleted no later than 48 hours after your arrival at your destination.
Some countries require proof of valid foreign travel insurance for entry. Please check the regulations of your destination country.
The Health Document Check does not check your passport or visa data. You should therefore upload your passport only if the country you are travelling to requires a Covid test with confirmation of your identity.
This might also be of interest to you
Check in for your next flight from the comfort of your home or office. You can simply print your boarding pass or save it to your smartphone.
You will find the regulations for your destination here after entering your departure and destination airports.
All your dream destinations at a glance
Get inspired by our interactive world map and directly book the flight to your next dream destination.