Lufthansa Student Offer for Journeys Originating from India
Student fares on flights to Europe, free additional check-in baggage and more flexibility !
- If you are travelling one-way or return from India to Europe, our Student fares offer significant savings
- Our Student fares include two free pieces of check-in baggage; weighing not more than 23kg each.
- Student fares are clearly identified as "Student" (with a blue dot) on the flight selection page.
- Enjoy flexibility on your travel dates, and the option of a refund against a fee.
NOTE: To book our student fares, please use your registered university email address for the verification step which is required after selecting your flights. If for any reason you do not yet have a registered student email address, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with proof of your current student status showing the validity dates. We will then enable you to complete the student verification using your private email address.
- We regret that Student discount and additional baggage allowance cannot be added to previously made bookings, from any origin
- Student fares from India are not offered to destinations in USA / Canada
To book our Student fares, enter your flight details below
- For bookings originating in India, Student fares are only available in Economy Class, to destinations in Europe. Two free pieces of check-in baggage will be offered.
- Student fares are valid for travel until 31 December 2024 only.
- Student fares are clearly identified as "Student" (with the blue dot) on the flight selection page.
- Student fares are also offered for one-way bookings from the United Kingdom to India. Find out more.
- Student fares should only be booked for one student per booking. For groups of multiple students, please make separate bookings.
- Passengers must be full-time students aged 18 and above, enrolled in a higher educational institution with a valid student email address and must have a valid identification* as noted below.
- Student identification, i.e. *a valid educational institution-issued student identification card or University admission letter, must be presented upon request at any airport check-in counter or gate. Failure to do so may result in additional collection up to cost of the full published fare.
- Name in all documents must appear as per Passport. Name changes are not permitted.
- Student fares are entitled to 2 pieces of check-in baggage weighing up to 23kg each. For more information on baggage, please see our Baggage Overview.
- We regret that Student discount and additional baggage allowance cannot be added to previously made bookings.
- Fares are subject to change without notice and are based on the most direct routing to each destination. Fares include applicable taxes, fees, carrier and airport charges. Additional baggage fees may apply. Seats are limited and may not be available on all days/flights. Other restrictions may apply.
Prior to booking your flight, please ensure that you comply with the current entry and transit regulations for your destination. More information on these regulations can be found here.
To modify your flights online, please click here.
For any further queries, please contact our Service Centre.
Enjoy the World Traveller advantage
As an international student abroad, you can now take advantage of the Miles & More Axis Bank World Traveller Card, an ideal forex prepaid option that gives you award miles on every swipe.
It’s the first prepaid forex card with INR wallet included. Load up to 16 currencies on a pre-activated card and avoid carrying various currency notes
What’s more? Get 1,000 miles as a Welcome Bonus and earn 5 award miles per USD 5 spent.
Collect miles on the card and use them later for a free travel ticket back home!