One journey, countless possibilities: your upgrade to Business Class on journeys within Europe
Enjoy the comfort of our Business Class on your flight within Europe. Book your upgrade for a fixed price until 31 October up to 30% less.
How to book your upgrade on flights within Europe
You can book your upgrade at any time from six weeks to four hours before departure. Call up your journey online during this time under My Bookings. The system will automatically check which of your flights can be upgraded. Then click on the "Upgrade" link. Confirm your choice for the flight or flights that you wish to upgrade. Enter your payment details and confirm the purchase of your upgrade. A booking confirmation will be sent to the email address you have provided.
Of course, you can also book upgrades for other flights at a later date (up to a maximum of four hours before departure).
Please note that the fare conditions of your original ticket, i.e. the rules concerning rebooking, refunds and baggage, remain unchanged. Likewise, the free baggage allowance associated with the originally booked Economy Class fare will still apply to the upgraded flights. The allowance is shown on your passenger receipt.
An upgrade to Business Class gives you the following extra comforts and services:
- Use of priority lanes at security, if available at the respective airport
- The use of Lufthansa Business Lounges at the respective departure airport
- Priority boarding if a passenger boarding bridge is used
- A seat in the forward rows of the cabin and the guarantee of an empty neighbouring seat
- A full meal and a wide selection of beverages
- A choice of magazines and journals
- An additional item of carry-on baggage
- A higher mileage credit under the Miles & More frequent flyer programme
- Status and award miles will be credited. Further information is available at: MIles & More
- All other conditions remains as per original ticket
Prices for an upgrade to Business Class on German domestic routes and on routes between Germany and other European countries are dependent on the route, the booking class and the flight duration.
Upgrades are available under the following conditions:
- They are booked from six weeks to four hours before departure
- Availability in the correspondingly higher upgrade booking class
- Confirmed reservation (no waiting list bookings)
- An already issued ticket
- Flights under Lufthansa flight numbers that are operated by Lufthansa or Lufthansa Regional (Lufthansa Cityline)
- Upgrades via lufthansa.com are only possible for all passengers travelling under one booking. If you only want to purchase upgrades for some of the passengers in a booking, please contact a Lufthansa Service Center.
An upgrade is not possible in the following instances:
- For flights for which you have already checked in
- For train and bus connections
- For journeys for which chargeable additional services have already been booked, but not paid for and the relevant service documents have not been issued.
- For journeys for which additional services have already been booked which prohibit an upgrade, such as taking a pet into the aircraft cabin.
Further information about your upgrade
Find out all the information about rebooking or cancelling tickets and other services in the event of disruptions to flights.