Student Travels Originating in the United Kingdom
We've got you covered for one-way travel from the UK to Asia
Planning for your study abroad can be daunting and stressful. But not to worry, Lufthansa has got you covered! If you are travelling one-way from the UK to Mainland China, Hong Kong, India, Singapore, Thailand or Korea, you enjoy special benefits with our Student Fares.
Our Student Fares include two free pieces of check-in baggage; which means that you don't have to worry about leaving any of your favourite things behind when you pack for your trip.
Student Fares are clearly identified as "Student" (with the blue dot) on the flight selection page.
Please use your registered university email address to complete the student verification step, after selecting your flights. If for any reason you do not yet have a registered student email address, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with proof of your current student status showing the validity dates. We will then enable you to complete the student verification using your private email address.
To book our Student fares, enter your flight details below
Please note: Student fares from the UK are only offered for one-way bookings. Please tick the 'One-way' box when searching for flights below.
- For bookings originating in the United Kingdom, student fares are only available for one-way bookings in Economy Class, to destinations in Mainland China, Hong Kong, India, Singapore, Thailand and Korea. Two free pieces of check-in baggage will be offered.
- Student fares are valid for travel until 31 December 2024 only.
- Student fares are clearly identified as "Student" (with the blue dot) on the flight selection page.
- Student fares should only be booked for one student per booking. For groups of multiple students, please make separate bookings.
- Passengers must be full-time students aged 18 and above, enrolled in a higher educational institution with a valid student email address and must have a valid identification* as noted below.
- Student identification, i.e. *a valid educational institution-issued student identification card or University admission letter, must be presented upon request at any airport check-in counter or gate. Failure to do so may result in additional collection up to cost of the full published fare.
- Name in all documents must appear as per Passport. Name changes are not permitted.
- Student fares are entitled to 2 pieces of check-in baggage weighing up to 23kg each. For more information on baggage, please see our Baggage Overview.
- We regret that additional baggage allowance cannot be added to previously made bookings
- Fares are subject to change without notice and are based on the most direct routing to each destination. Fares include applicable taxes, fees, carrier and airport charges. Additional baggage fees may apply. Seats are limited and may not be available on all days/flights. Other restrictions may apply.