Information on Covid-19 testing at airports
At many international airports, you can get tested for Covid-19. The test is usually conducted in the form of a PT-PCR-Tests, in some cases in the form of other internationally recognized testing procedures for the direct detection of the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus (LAMP, TMA as well as WHO-approved antigen tests).
New regulations for persons entering Germany from a risk area
Entry into and return from foreign Corona risk areas to the Federal Republic of Germany is subject to various regulations. These regulations refer to regions that are classified as risk areas by the Robert Koch Institute and include, among other things, registration and testing obligations as well as a quarantine obligation. The entry regulations are always adapted by the authorities to meet current requirements.
National and international test centres
Since 1 December 2020, the test is subject to a fee for those entering from risk areas. Test centres are available in Frankfurt, Munich and many other airports for possible tests.
Where will I find the test centres at Frankfurt Airport?
The test centres run by CENTOGENE and the German Red Cross are located centrally on the pedestrian bridge connecting Terminal 1 and the inter-city train station (The Squaire).
CENTOGENE COVID-19 Test Centre – registration required
Before arriving at the test centre, you must register and order your test (charges apply). You can find further information on the cost of the test and how long it takes, as well as how to register, on the CENTOGENE website.
Exclusive Fast Lanes are available at Frankfurt Airport for Lufthansa, SWISS and Austrian Airlines passengers. Please follow the Lufthansa signage.
10% discount for transit passengers in the MY CLOUD Transit Hotel
Wait in comfort in the transit area: As a Lufthansa passenger, you will now receive a 10% discount in the MY CLOUD Transit Hotel Frankfurt, where you can relax while awaiting the results of your COVID-19 test.*
Please use the following discount code: LHTransit
* You will receive the discount when paying in the hotel on presentation of your boarding pass and specifying the discount code. If booking online, please enter the discount code in the message box.
Where will I find the test centres at Munich Airport?
The test centres are located in the Terminal 2 Baggage Arrivals Hall and at Aicher Ambulanz in the forum of the Munich Airport Centre (MAC) on Level 04. Please register online in advance.
Departing passengers can pay to take a test in the MVZ Martinsried medical laboratory with its "Test & Fly" Test Centre in Terminal 2, Level 4.
Further information about coronavirus tests at the airport can be found on Munich Airport’s website.
You can find details about the tests available in your destination country through the local airport operating companies. A world map showing the current travel restrictions can be found here:
Where are test centres woldwide?
We have summarized the test centres of international airports for you, so you can travel well-informed and at ease. Please click on the links below to visit the information pages of the airport or go directly to the website of the test centre.
- BER Berlin Brandenburg Airport: Centogene Airport Testcenter
- BRE Bremen Airport: covizin
- CGN Köln Bonn Airport: Centogene
- DUS Düsseldorf Airport: Centogene Airport Testcenter
- DRS Dresden Airport: Kassenärztliche Vereinigung Sachsen
- FRA Frankfurt International Airport: Centogene Airport Testcenter , Fraport Medical Center
- HAM Hamburg Airport: Centogene Airport Testcenter
- HAJ Hannover Airport: ecocare
- LEJ Airport Leipzig/Halle: Test Center Airport Leipzig/Halle
- MUC Munich Franz Josef Strauß Airport: MVZ Martinsried, Test Center im München Airport Center (Aicher Ambulanz)
- NUE Airport Nürnberg: EcoCare-Direct
- Stuttgart: CeGaT*
- Alicante: Quirón Salud
- Barcelona: Laboratorio Echevarne
- Bilbao: Laboratorio Axpe
- Fuerteventura: Red Canaria Laboratorios
- Gran Canaria: Laboratorio Luis Jorge Giner Díaz
- Jerez de la Frontera: Clínica Beiman
- Lanzarote: Hospiten
- Madrid: Quirón Salud
- Málaga: Quirón Salud
- Mallorca: Clínia Rotger
- La Palma: Lab. Damian Trujillo, UPOM Centro Tinabana
- Sevilla: Clínica Beiman
- Teneriffa: Laboratorio San Isidro
- Valencia: Laboratorio Echevarne
- BOS Boston Logan International Airport: XPresCheck
- DEN Denver International Airport: xpresscheck
- EWR Newark Liberty International Airport: XPresCheck
- JFK John F. Kennedy International Airport: adamshealthservices, XPresCheck, NY DOH*
- LAX Los Angeles International Airport: Clarity Labs
- SEA Seattle-Tacoma International Airport: Discovery Health MD
- SFO San Francisco Airport: Dignity Health
- ORD O’Hare International Airport: Docters Test Center
- Washington: Virginia Department of Health*
* These test centres are located at off airport facilities.
Lufthansa can only provide third-party information without any guarantee or legal obligation. Although we update all information regularly and publish it with the greatest possible care, due to rapidly changing travel conditions, we recommend that you check frequently and verify current travel and entry requirements independently before your trip.
Travelling and corona
At Lufthansa, your safety is our top priority. That is why you will find the most important information about planning your journey here.
Entry regulations for your destination
You will find the latest entry regulations for your destination here.
Even in these unusual times, we attach great importance to making you feel comfortable on your flight.