Cancellation and refund
Travel plans can often change without warning. Our services support you so that you can still reach your destination. Using online refund option, Lufthansa flight bookings* can be cancelled and refunded online up to 24 hours before the beginning of your trip. Refund and/or cancellation of the purchased ticket are dependent on the type of ticket purchased.
Vouchers for tickets booked up until 15 May
Departures from within the EU, Switzerland, United Kingdom or the USA
Has your flight been cancelled or do you wish to travel at a later date? Tickets booked up to and including 15 May 2020 can be converted into a Flight Value Voucher.
Flexible rebookings for all fares
We offer you maximum flexibility so that you can adapt your travel plans however you wish. Currently you have the option of rebooking any fares and ticket prices flexibly on short, medium and long-haul routes. This option applies to existing bookings and new bookings irrespective of the departure airport.
Ticket cancellations and refunds
- If you have a ticket for a flight cancelled by us, you can obtain a refund free of charge by using our Refund form.
- Click on My bookings to go directly from the Lufthansa homepage to the login page of your booking summary.
- To log in, enter your surname and booking number. Any booking that can be cancelled will be displayed. If you are already logged in, refundable bookings will be indicated in your booking summary by the button marked “Cancellation”.
- Click on the “Cancellation” button next to the relevant booking and confirm your selection on the following page.
- You will now receive an automatic confirmation email, your flight booking will be cancelled and the amount to be refunded will be transferred to your bank account or credited to your credit card.
Even flights that were not purchased in a Lufthansa office or via lufthansa.com can be cancelled online. However, for a refund of the ticket price, please contact the travel agency that issued the ticket.
Frequently asked questions about ticket cancellation or refund
Here you can find the answers to the most frequently asked questions concerning ticket cancellations and refunds.
First, please cancel your booking:
- Click on My bookings
- Enter your surname and booking code.
- Select the relevant booking and click on the “Cancellation” button.
- Confirm your selection on the following page.
If you purchased your ticket online or in a Lufthansa office, the refund will happen automatically and you don’t need to take any further action. If you purchased your ticket in a different office or travel agency, please contact the office that issued your ticket for a refund of the ticket price.
You can apply for a refund online up to one day before departure. If an online refund request is no longer possible, you are welcome to call our Lufthansa Service Center. The standard refund deadlines apply; these will be shown in the fare conditions of the ticket you have chosen.
There can be various reasons for this:
- The ticket has already been refunded.
- The next pending flight segment is scheduled on the same day as the refund request (deadline). Please contact our Lufthansa Service Center.
- It is a Miles & More booking (not handled via lufthansa.com). You can find more information about refunding a Miles & More flight award ticket at www.miles-and-more.com.
We will refund your ticket in the currency in which you paid for it. If you paid for your ticket in a currency other than euros, the refund may take a few more days.
The amount will be transferred to the account that you used for the ticket purchase.
Yes, you can. The refund will be processed online and Lufthansa will contact you to get your bank details to which the relevant amount can be refunded.
The booking can be cancelled via lufthansa.com. For the refund, please contact the issuing office.
Travel and Corona
It’s time to be reunited with the world. This page will show you the destinations that Lufthansa is already flying to again, the hygiene measures we have introduced and what you can do to travel safely and flexibly.
Entry regulations for your destination
You will find the latest entry regulations for your destination here.
Extended rebooking options
Stay flexible and modify your bookings without paying a rebooking fee.