Advance seat reservations for Premium Economy Class passengers
Reserve a seat quickly, easily and conveniently
Secure the seat your want and arrive relaxed at your destination. Choose your preferred seat directly during your flight booking or later under ‘My bookings’.
Conditions for advance seat reservations
An advance seat reservation in Premium Economy Class is possible under the following conditions:
- Lufthansa HON Circle Members and Senators travelling with up to three companions can make advance seat reservations free of charge on medium and long-haul flights operated by Lufthansa, Lufthansa Regional and Lufthansa Cityline (all booking classes).
- The flight booking is confirmed (no waiting list bookings).
- The advance seat reservation is made at least 52 hours before departure.
More detailed information about the allocation of zones can be found here.
In Premium Economy Class, the following conditions apply to advance seat reservation:
* Please note that some of these seats are located in the emergency exit rows.
Advance seat reservation is made per flight segment.
Please note that a confirmed advance seat reservation does not give you a legal right to a particular seat on board the aircraft (e.g. seat 3A) but only to the selected category (e.g. aisle, window, seat with more legroom).
Lufthansa HON Circle Members and Senators travelling with up to three companions can make advance seat reservations free of charge on medium and long-haul flights operated by Lufthansa, Lufthansa Regional and Lufthansa Cityline (all booking classes).
Seats in the emergency exit rows can only be booked for passengers who meet the following requirements:
- You are at least 16 years old.
- You are fluent in the German or English language.
- You are willing to provide assistance in the unlikely event of an emergency.
- You are capable of reading and understanding instructions and of complying with the orders of the crew in the event of an emergency.
- You are able to carry out the instructed tasks without the help of a companion, parent or other relative.
- You are not travelling with a person who would be dependent on your help in the event of an emergency.
- You have no condition or position of responsibility that would restrict you from carrying out these tasks or would lead to bodily harm in their execution.
- You are not travelling with a small animal in the flight cabin.
In order to ensure safety, Lufthansa is, before departure, entitled to assign a different seat to passengers who cannot meet these requirements.
Please also note that any carry-on baggage must be stowed in overhead bins as no items may be put near or under the seats during take-off and landing.
You can rebook or cancel your ticket with an existing advance seat reservation easily and conveniently yourself under My bookings. If you paid for an advance seat reservation on the flight you wish to change, Lufthansa will automatically try to book you an equivalent seat on the new flight. Please note that this is only possible when your flight route and airline remain the same. Failing this, fees already paid for advance seat reservations cannot be reimbursed, even if there are no equivalent seats available on the new flight.
In the case of cancellation, the fees paid for an advance seat reservation will not be reimbursed.
The fee for already paid advance seat reservations can be reimbursed in the following cases:
- if a flight itinerary is changed by Lufthansa, for example a change in the type of aircraft deployed, which results in no equivalent seat being available to you on the new flight.
- if a disruption to your flight results in you having to be rebooked onto another flight on which no equivalent seat is available.
You can request your reimbursement in the lufthansa.com service area under My bookings or via the Lufthansa Service Center, but not directly at the airport nor on board. Please contact Lufthansa as soon as possible after your flight for any reimbursements.
Fees paid for advance seat reservations cannot be reimbursed if the following apply:
- You cancel your trip.
- You have received an upgrade from Lufthansa as a goodwill gesture or for operational reasons.
- You do not meet the conditions listed above for sitting in an emergency exit row.
- You make changes to your journey, but on your new flights equivalent seats are no longer available, advance seat reservations on your new flights are free of charge, or these flights are not operated by Lufthansa, Lufthansa Regional, Austrian Airlines, SWISS or Brussels Airlines.
- You make changes to your journey and thus alter your route.