One journey, countless possibilities: your upgrade to First Class on long-haul flights
Travel First Class and enjoy a variety of benefits: relax with an upgrade to First Class at a fixed price. Treat yourself to exceptional service.
How to book your upgrade on long-haul flights
An upgrade can be booked from 360 days prior to the flight and at the latest 24 hours before departure. During this time, call up your journey online under My Bookings. The system checks automatically which of your flights qualifies for an upgrade. Then click on the "Upgrade" link. Confirm your choice for the flight or flights on which you would like to upgrade. Finally, enter your payment details and confirm your upgrade booking. A booking confirmation will be sent to the email address you have provided.
Of course, you can also book upgrades for other flights at a later date (up to a maximum of 24 hours before departure).
Please note that your original ticket’s fare conditions, i.e. the rules for rebooking, refunds and baggage, remain unchanged. The free baggage allowance of the originally booked fare also still applies. You will find this on your passenger receipt. If chargeable ancillary services were booked for the original ticket and these services are included as standard in the new travel class, no refund is possible (except in the case of paid-for advance seat reservations).
- Services on board
- Preferential treatment at the airport
- Free baggage allowance for carry-on baggage depending on the specifications of the respective carry-on baggage compartment
- Priority for baggage delivery
- Status and award miles are credited. Further information is available at: Miles & More
- All other conditions of the originally booked ticket remain unchanged.
Prices for an upgrade to First Class are dependent on the route, the booking class and the flight duration.
- Availability in First Class
- Confirmed reservation (no waiting list bookings)
- An already issued ticket
- Flights operated by Lufthansa (Lufthansa flight number)
- Upgrades via lufthansa.com are only possible for all passengers travelling under one booking. If you only want to purchase upgrades for some of the passengers in a booking, please contact a Lufthansa Service Center.
- Upgrades must be booked within a fixed period of 24 hours before the start of the journey. The booking is possible from 360 days before departure. The fixed periods vary depending on destination – after entering the booking code you will see whether you can upgrade your flight.
An upgrade is not possible in the following instances:
- For flights for which you have already checked in
- For journeys for which chargeable additional services have already been booked, but not paid for and the relevant service documents have not been issued.
- For journeys for which additional services have already been booked which prohibit an upgrade, such as taking a pet into the aircraft cabin.
Further information about your upgrade
Find out what you need to be aware of with an update in the case of rebooking or cancellation or if there are disruptions to flights.