Direct Connect for distribution partners
How you can make the most of Direct Connect
As a distribution partner with or without an IATA licence, via Direct Connect you can use a new, innovative booking channel that gives you direct access to the Lufthansa Group airlines’ range of services. Direct Connect is especially suitable if you would like to book Lufthansa Group airlines’ tickets in larger quantities and also offer your customers the full service spectrum in future.
Your benefits as a distribution partner:
- You will be using a technologically innovative distribution channel which will also enable you to benefit from future service developments.
- Further services can be flexibly integrated (e.g. additional services and upsell opportunities), consistent with your own product portfolio.
- You will have direct access to the exclusive services of the Lufthansa Group airlines – without a Distribution Cost Charge (DCC)
You will have the option of integrating Direct Connect into your own system landscape if you wish, in order to guarantee your usual service processes, such as:
- Integrated booking and invoicing process
- Supplementary services (e.g., traveller tracking, monitoring and documentation of carbon dioxide emissions, connection to the accounting systems of corporate customers) based on technical linking
- Processing of complex travel itineraries (e.g. multi-segment, multi-airline)
Checklist for distribution partners
Do several of the following criteria apply to your company? If so, Direct Connect can be an excellent new booking channel for you too.
- High booking volumes with Lufthansa Group airlines
- High proportion of bookings with Lufthansa Group airlines
- Small proportion of interlining
- High proportion of no-touch bookings
- Ideally, a multi-source environment with already existing Direct Connect links is available
Interested in Direct Connect?
- Get in touch directly with one of the Lufthansa Group’s selected technology partners.
- If you have any questions, please get in touch with your usual Lufthansa Group contact.
There are three options for obtaining direct access to Lufthansa Group services:
- Web-based access via LHGroup-agent.com or via Farelogix’s own interface SPRK.
- Connection via a third-party provider interface that is already linked to Direct Connect. Your benefit: This alternative enables an accelerated technical connection.
- Direct connection to the Lufthansa Group. This alternative – depending on the technical requirements and actual design – entails a high outlay in terms of time and investment.
Innovative and flexible: Farelogix: a technology partner of the Lufthansa Group
Direct Connect links the Lufthansa Group systems with your system landscape. The open interface required by the Lufthansa Group, (API = Application Programming Interface), is currently supplied by the technology provider Farelogix. To link both systems, a suitable technical connection is also required on your side. Lufthansa has already entered into agreements on your behalf with technology providers who can supply you with interface solutions and adapt them to your individual requirements.