Lufthansa Flight Value Voucher
Has your flight been cancelled or do you wish to travel at a later date? If your ticket has a booking date up to 15 May 2020 and a place of departure in the EU1, Switzerland, the UK or the USA, you can convert it into a Flight Value Voucher – for the same value as your original ticket.
Did you book your flight after 15 May 2020 or was your place of departure in Greece, Bulgaria, Slovakia or outside the EU, Switzerland, the United Kingdom or the USA? Use our flexible rebooking options.
How to get your Flight Value Voucher
Enter the booking code or ticket number of the original flight for each passenger in the application form.
Open the confirmation link that you have received by email and log on to the Flight Value Voucher portal with your Lufthansa or Miles & More user profile.
Download your Flight Value Voucher as a PDF file. You can also view the voucher again at any time via the portal.
Book your new trip online using your computer. The Flight Value Voucher is stored as an additional payment option.
- You can convert any Lufthansa ticket issued up to and including 15 May 2020 with a travel date up to and including 30 April 2021. The place of departure on your ticket must also be located in the EU1, Switzerland, the UK or the USA.
- Tickets can only be converted into Flight Value Vouchers via the airline that issued them. If you have a ticket from an airline other than Lufthansa, you will have to convert it via the website concerned.
- The Flight Value Voucher must be redeemed within three years, calculated from the end of the year in which your flight was cancelled. Previous discount vouchers will not be valid.
- When booking with a Flight Value Voucher that the departure airport of the new booking must be in the same country as the departure airport of the original ticket.
- Bookings with a Flight Value Voucher must be made on a computer. It is not currently possible to redeem it via an app or browser on your smartphone.
- You need a Lufthansa or Miles & More user profile. If you do not have a user account, please create a Lufthansa user profile.
Frequently Asked Questions about Flight Value Vouchers
The ticket value can currently only be transferred to a Flight Value Voucher if the departure airport of the original flight is located in the EU, Switzerland, the UK or the USA and the ticket must have been booked up to and including 15 May 2020.
If you bought an advance seat reservation and/or an additional item of baggage as extras at the time of booking, this cannot be converted into a Flight Value Voucher. In this case, please contact our Lufthansa Service Center.
Once the completed application form has been sent, we will check your application and contact you by email. It usually only takes a few minutes.
Once your ticket has been converted into a Flight Value Voucher, you can select it as a payment option when you book a flight on lufthansa.com at the "Your payment information" stage and redeem it straight away.
You can redeem your Flight Value Voucher within three years, calculated from the end of the year in which your flight was cancelled. You can use it for one or more new bookings. This means you can decide at your leisure when you would like to fly and use your Flight Value Voucher. Previous discount vouchers will not be valid.
The Flight Value Voucher offers you maximum flexibility. You can redeem your Flight Value Voucher within three years, calculated from the end of the year in which your flight was cancelled. Previous discount vouchers will not be valid.
Lufthansa Flight Value Vouchers can only be used for bookings on lufthansa.com and on routes that have at least one flight segment with a Lufthansa flight number (e.g. LH123). The current fare conditions of the new flight selected will apply.
Please note when booking with the Flight Value Voucher that the departure airport of the new booking must be in the same country as the departure airport in your original ticket.
As part of your online booking, you can use your Flight Value Voucher to pay for several tickets in a single booking or use it on several occasions until the value of the Flight Value Voucher has been used up. The only condition is that the voucher holder must also be travelling with you.
The Flight Value Voucher can only be redeemed on a computer or tablet at the moment. It is not currently possible to redeem it via an app or browser on your smartphone.
The Flight Value Voucher can only be redeemed with the airline that issued it.
You automatically cancel any application for a refund by requesting a Flight Value Voucher.
Do you have any more questions about Flight Value Vouchers? This will take you to the terms and conditions of use for Flight Value Vouchers.
1 Except Greece, Bulgaria or Slovakia