Travel preparation checklist
With the aid of the following checklist you can see quickly and easily whether you have completed all the essential preparations for your flight:
- When booking my flight I let Lufthansa or my travel agency know about my reduced mobility and told them of my special requirements. These include: a special diet and the use of special facilities and services (e.g. wheelchair collection, taking a guide dog on board, etc.).
- I have booked my flight no later than two days before the start of my journey and specified whether I am travelling with my own wheelchair. If so, I have given details of its dimensions and weight.
- I have seen to all the formalities for the return flight from my destination in good time.
- When buying my ticket I asked about the service for reduced mobility passengers at my departure and destination airports.
- If I haven’t notified the airline about my wheelchair in advance, I will arrive at the airport in plenty of time (at least 90 minutes before departure in Germany).
- Because my reduced mobility is due to current medical reasons I have obtained a medical care form.
- I have notified Lufthansa at least 48 hours in advance of my flight that I will require special assistance.
For further information and if you have any questions, please contact the Lufthansa Medical Operation Center (MOC):
Tel: +49 69 696 55 079
Fax: +49 69 696 83 677
(Open Mondays to Fridays: 08:30 - 20:00 hours; Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays: 08:30 - 16:30 hours)
For passengers travelling to and from the USA, our Medical Desk in the USA can be contacted on the following number: +1-516-296-95 80 (open Mondays to Fridays: 09:00 - 15:00 hours).