Rail&Fly - the flexible way to get to your Lufthansa flight at a favourable price
Lufthansa and Deutsche Bahn are offering you as a passenger an opportunity to get to your international Lufthansa flight by train, easy and at a favourable price from any train station in Germany. In cooperation with Deutsche Bahn (German railways) you can go by train to any airport in Germany, serviced by Lufthansa.
Rail&Fly - from anywhere in Germany for as little as 29€
Private or business - Rail&Fly will take you to your plane relaxed an at a very reasonable price.
|Class||One Way Tariff||Return Tariff
|2nd Class||29,00 €||58,00 €
|1st Class||49,00 €||98,00 €|
Rail&Fly - is offering you advantages:
- Comfortable trip to your airport from more than 5.600 Deutsche Bahn train stations.
- Very convenient - The Rail&Fly ticket is valid one day before departure and one day after returning to Germany, as well as on the date of travel.
- You have free choice of trains - the Rail&Fly Ticket is not limited to specific trains.
- You may also use IC/EC (InterCity, EuroCity) and ICE (Intercity Express) trains at no extra charge.
Rail&Fly - important conditions at a glance
- The Rail&Fly ticket is only valid in conjunction with an international Lufthansa flight ticket.
- Rail&Fly tickets cannot be purchased in connection with flights to/from Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris, Salzburg, Vienna, Basel and Zürich.
- Rail&Fly is available on all trains of Deutsche Bahn. For City Night Line night trains and ICE Sprinter a dutiable advance reservation has to be done.
- Rail&Fly tickets are not valid for the Thalys, the high speed train on the route Paris-Brussels-Cologne-Amsterdam, in the DB-Autozug (Motorail), chartered trains and within the networks of transport associations.
- In case an airport cannot be reached by a service of Deutsche Bahn, Rail&Fly is offering the use of regional public transport services.
- Children under the age of 2 years travel for free, children under the age of 12 years receive a 25% discount. Children may not be travelling alone on Rail&Fly services.
- Rail&Fly tickets cannot be refunded
Overview of free of charge Rail&Fly airport connections
|Airport||from/to airport||Connections to the airport|
|Berlin-Tegel||Berlin Hbf||BUS TXL|
|Bremen||Bremen Hbf||Tram line 6|
|Dresden||Dresden Flughafen||S-Bahn line S2|
"Sky Train" included
"Sky Train" included
Direct ICE/IC-connection, RegionalExpress, S-Bahn lines S1 and S11
|Frankfurt/M.||Frankfurt/M. Airport||Direct ICE/IC-connection
S-Bahn lines S8 and S9
|Hamburg||Hamburg Airport||S-Bahn line S1|
|Hanover||Hannover Airport||S-Bahn line 5|
|Cologne/Bonn||Cologne/Bonn Airport||Direct ICE/IC-connection, RegionalExpress, S-Bahn line 13|
|Leipzig/Halle||Leipzig/Halle Airport||Direct IC-connection,
|Munich||Munich Airport||S-Bahn lines S1 and S8|
|Münster/ Osnabrück||Münster (Westf) Hbf|
|Bus lines S 50, RT 51, D 50
Bus X 150 "FMO-Express"
|Nuremberg||Nuremberg Hbf||Metro line 2|
|Stuttgart||Stuttgart Airport||S-Bahn-lines 2 and 3|
Further information on bahn.de/railandfly
General information regarding Rail&Fly
You can now book your Rail&Fly ticket even more conveniently at the same time as you book your flight on lufthansa.com.
Of course you can also book Rail&Fly tickets by calling the Lufthansa Call Centre.
Detailed instructions on how to book your Rail&Fly ticket are available here: How online booking works.
The travel times for your train journey shown on your itinerary do not represent valid connections. Please choose the fitting connections for your journey by yourself. Schedule information may be obtained at a DB-Reisezentrum (Deutsche Bahn Travel Center), at travel agencies with “DB-Agency” (connected to Deutsche Bahn) or on www.bahn.de.
When choosing your train connection, please consider the check-in deadlines for your flight, so you arrive at the airport in time.
Collecting your ticket
Following your online booking, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with a link which takes you to your train ticket. Please print out this ticket and remember to take it with you on the train, along with the means of identification you entered during the booking.
When booking at a travel agency or at the Lufthansa Call Center, you will be issued two separate Pickup Numbers (DB-Auftragsnummer). Under each number a single trip Rail&Fly ticket is deposited for you at the DB-Fernverkehrsautomat (Deutsche Bahn Ticket Kiosk). If you are travelling together with other persons, each passenger is issued two pickup numbers for their trip to and from the airport. Using these numbers tickets can be printed at any DB-Fernverkehrsautomat up to 72 hours before the start of your journey. There are more than 3.500 DB-Fernverkehrsautomaten available in Germany. You may locate the one nearest to you by looking it up on bahn.de/railandfly
Remember to take with you on the train:
- Your printed Rail&Fly ticket. The Pickup Number (DB-Auftragsnummer) alone is not sufficient and will not be accepted instead of a ticket.
- Your personal itinerary for your international Lufthansa flight received from your travel agent or from Lufthansa.
- Your valid passport or ID-card
- The means of identification you used when booking
Check-in and Baggage
For your train journey it is not necessary to check-in your baggage at the train station. Just take the baggage onto the train yourself.
You may check-in for your Lufthansa flight as early as 23 hours before departure. This can be done online via your PC or smartphone. Alternatively there you may use the Lufthansa Check-in Machines at the airport. Your baggage can be dropped off at the Lufthansa Baggage Drop-off counter.
Just in case – Rebooking and Refund
- If you rebook your flight ticket booked via a call center, the Rail&Fly Pickup Number (DB-Auftragsnummer) will still be valid, as long as the ticket has not yet been issued. The ticket will be printed with the updated date.
- For an online booking of a flight ticket including a Rail&Fly ticket, the confirmation mail and Pickup Number will be sent to you immediately. In case of an online rebooking of the flight ticket, the Rail&Fly ticket will loose its validity. A new Rail&Fly ticket has to be purchased. After purchase, a confirmation mail and a new Pickup Number will be sent to you.
- In case of loss a refund of a Rail&Fly ticket cannot be done.
Ticket Kiosk out of order - Journey without Rail&Fly ticket
In case a Rail&Fly ticket could not be issued due to a broken ticket kiosk - or you couldn't print your online Rail & Fly card before starting your trip - you will be issued a subsequent ticket charge (Fahrpreisnacherhebung) onboard the train. For claiming a refund for this charge, please send the receipt together with a copy of your booking and the Pickup Number (DB-Auftragsnummer) to:
Deutsche Lufthansa AG