With its 15.6% shareholding in JetBlue Airways, Lufthansa offers you a strong partner for flights to 70 destinations within North America, Latin America and the Caribbean: a partner focused on quality, innovation and excellent customer service.
Thanks to the new codeshare partnership, you can now reach destinations in the USA and the Caribbean from Germany, with a convenient transfer via New York (JFK) and Boston: Austin, Buffalo, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, New Orleans, Pittsburgh, Raleigh-Durham, Rochester, San Juan, Syracuse, Tampa and West Palm Beach. Passengers from the USA will enjoy ideal connections to Germany and the rest of Europe via both airports.
JetBlue: low-cost fares and satisfied customers
New York-based JetBlue Airways puts the highest value on customer satisfaction, service and style. The company has already received a number of awards for its customer service. The airline is also well-known and popular because of its low fares.
Lufthansa passengers aboard JetBlue flights will experience familiar high standards of comfort: the comfortable leather seats provide plenty of leg room and invite you to relax. JetBlue’s live in-seat TV offers you an extensive selection of 36 different TV channels and 100 radio programmes.
Currently you can earn miles on the Lufthansa-operated segments of the routes listed above. We are in the process of extending this to codeshare flights operated by JetBlue.
Quick and easy transfers at New York and Boston
As well as the flight connections, Lufthansa and JetBlue have also coordinated their services as part of the codeshare agreement - especially their services on the ground: seamless processes and short routes to your aircraft save you valuable time when you are changing flights at New York or Boston.
- At John F. Kennedy Airport you will find Lufthansa in Terminal 1 and JetBlue in Terminal 5. The two terminals are linked by the free AirTrain. It runs every 5 to 10 minutes and journey time is approximately 6 minutes.
- At Boston Lufthansa is in Terminal E and JetBlue in Terminal C. Here you can travel between the two terminals using the free bus which runs every 8 to 12 minutes. You should allow for a journey time of about 15 minutes. You can walk between the terminals in approximately 7 minutes.
- On these flights you can check in your baggage from the start of your flight through to your final destination.
- If you have any questions, the personnel at JetBlue’s “Just Ask” counters will be happy to help you.
Facts and Figures
- Established in 1999
- Passengers: 25 millions
- Employees: 13,500
- Fleet: 165
- Destinations: 70 in the USA, Caribbean, Latin America, South America and growing
- Flights a day: 700
- Hubs: New York, Boston, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando and Los Angeles
- Customer loyalty program: TrueBlue®