"my mediaworld": test our new on-board entertainment programme!
Hollywood-quality entertainment awaits you during your flight on the A320 D-AIPP*: we are testing the new "my mediaworld" entertainment system, which you can access and try out on board using your W-LAN-enabled devices such as laptops, tablets or smartphones.
Find out which technical requirements your devices have to meet here:
Would you like to access "my mediaworld" on your laptop? Then you'll need the browser plugin Microsoft Silverlight, version 4.x. As soon as you have downloaded the necessary software, you will need to open and authenticate it. To do so, you must have administrative rights or permission to install the programme.
Check if your laptop is ready for "my mediaworld" here.
Tablet and smartphone users with the iOS operating system
If you would like to watch films on your iPad, for example, download the "my mediaworld" app from the iTunes App Store. This app must also be opened and authenticated before the flight.
Tablet and smartphone users with the Android operating system (only Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1n)
Android users can access the "my mediaworld" app in the Google Play Store (My Android Apps).
Start "my mediaworld" on board
To access the entertainment programme on board, just follow these steps. These are also listed in the programme booklet.
Our flight attendants will also be happy to answer your questions.
1. As soon as the crew gives you the go-ahead to turn on your electronic devices after takeoff, you can start up your laptop or activate your smartphone or tablet. Please note that you may only operate your devices in airplane mode and that the mobile telephone service (GSM) must remain turned off.
2. Activate your WLAN and select the "my mediaworld" (SSID) network.
3. As a laptop user, open your Internet browser. You will be automatically redirected to www.BoardConnect.aero. Smartphone and tablet users may open the "my mediaworld" app.
Things to look forward to: the entertainment offering
With "my mediaworld", Lufthansa is also offering digital newspapers and magazines for the first time, in addition to films and TV series.
Entertainment options available are:
• Three great Hollywood films
• Many interesting TV series
• A moving map
• Five radio channels
• 25 destination guides
• And approximately 30 digital newspapers and magazines (dailies, regional to international)
For the future
During the test flights, we will collect information on the user friendliness, relevance, technology and contents of the new system via a survey in the programme booklet, and we want to know: "What is your opinion of 'my mediaworld'?" and "Should Lufthansa offer 'my mediaworld' in the future?" Just fill out the survey on board and hand it to one of our flight attendants.
* Please note that there could be a change of aircraft at any time.