Find out before your departure how you can check in baggage for your Lufthansa, partner airline or Star Alliance flight at airports in Germany.
Checking in baggage at the self-service baggage kiosks at Munich and Frankfurt
At Frankfurt and Munich airports you can check in your bags quickly and easily at self-service baggage kiosks. The only requirement: you must be in possession of a boarding pass which you have printed out online or at a check-in machine or which is a mobile boarding pass.
Where to find the baggage kiosks at Frankfurt and Munich
In Frankfurt Airport you currently have the option of checking in your luggage at two self-service baggage kiosks. The number of kiosks will be increased to 16 by the middle of 2013. You will find the baggage kiosks at Frankfurt in Departure Hall B, counters 460-461.
At Munich Airport there are 19 self-service baggage check-in kiosks available. These are located at the northern and southern entrances to the Terminal 2 departures hall by counters 410-415, 476-482 and 485-490.
Requirements for checking in your bags at the baggage kiosks
To enable you to check in your bags at a self-service baggage kiosk, you must already have your boarding pass. You should also have valid travel documents with you. If you are travelling with excess or special baggage, please go straight to a baggage drop-off counter.
Checking in bags at the self-service baggage kiosk – how it works:
- 1.Place your boarding pass barcode-side down on the scanner. If you are using a mobile boarding pass, please make sure that your phone’s background light is switched on.
- 2.Check the details of your booking which appear on the screen and press Check in baggage if all the details are correct.
- 3.Place your first item of baggage on the conveyor belt.
- 4.The self-adhesive baggage tag is printed out automatically.
- 5.Attach the tag to your bag.
- 6.Confirm the removal of your bag on the conveyor belt. You can now check in your other items of baggage.
- 7.A receipt will be printed out for your checked baggage. Please retain this receipt until you have collected your bags at your destination airport.
Checking in baggage at the baggage check-in counter
After you have received your boarding pass on your mobile, online or from a check-in machine, you can check in your baggage conveniently at a baggage check-in counter.
As a receipt for your checked baggage you will receive a part of the baggage tag; this helps us to trace your bags should they be lost. Please keep this tag receipt with you until you have collected all your bags at your destination airport.