More and more of our long-haul aircraft already have it: Lufthansa FlyNet®, the first on-board broadband Internet access.
The majority of the Lufthansa long-haul fleet is already equipped with FlyNet®. The exceptions are the A380 and Boeing 747-8 aircraft — these are gradually being retrofitted.
You can enjoy the full communications freedom of the Internet on most of Lufthansa’s global long-haul network. However, currently FlyNet® must still be switched off in Chinese airspace.
This year, in cooperation with our partner Panasonic Avionics Corporation, we are gradually implementing this service offer across the majority of Lufthansa’s global long-haul network.
Benefits at a glance
Whether you want to surf for fun or would prefer to spend your time on board working, Lufthansa FlyNet® creates the ideal conditions for you:
- Fast and powerful online access above the clouds gives you Internet access on your WLAN-enabled laptop or smartphone in all travel classes.
- Thanks to the high transmission speed you can send and receive e-mails without delay, even with big file attachments or log into your company’s Virtual Private Network (VPN).
- FlyNet® will soon also enable you to transfer data by GSM and GPRS technology too. So in future, once cruising altitude is reached, you will be able to use your mobile phone to, for example, send and receive SMS and MMS messages or synchronise data via your smartphone.
The option of making mobile phone calls has been disabled in response to the wishes of a majority of our customers. In addition, customers are advised that Internet telephony (VOIP) is likewise not permitted.
It is so easy to get online on board
After opening your browser, you will connect automatically to the free Lufthansa FlyNet® portal where you will find the latest business, political, sports and entertainment news as well as access to the billable Internet service. As service provider, Deutsche Telekom makes available the hotspot for billable Internet access.
Costs and billing
Deutsche Telekom offers you two distinct tariffs for using Internet access under the description ‘Hotspot Pass Sky’. Payment is possible by all major credit cards. Miles & More members can also redeem their award miles to pay for using Lufthansa FlyNet®.
- HotSpot Pass Sky 1 hour: €10.95 or 3,500 miles
- HotSpot Pass Sky 24 hours: €19.95 or 7,000 miles
The 24-hour Hotspot Pass Sky can be used, whilst valid, in any Lufthansa aircraft equipped with FlyNet®.
Alternatively, if you are a customer of Deutsche Telekom or one of its affiliated roaming partners, you can also log on easily and conveniently with your access data, which you will need to request before the start of your journey. Your FlyNet® Internet use will then be charged in line with your service provider’s tariff.