The Lufthansa.com Student Specials
By Participating in this Campaign each Subscriber, fully and unconditionally agrees to accept these Official Rules as specified herein below:
Campaign starts on 20th May,2009.
Following terms and conditions (the "Terms and Conditions") shall apply to the Lufthansa Students Promotion Sweepstakes ( “ The Promotion”) . For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, the term Lufthansa German Airlines, when used with reference to a legal entity, shall mean Lufthansa German Airlines and include its Affiliates.
1.”Promotion and Sweepstakes Period”- This offer shall run from May 20, 2009 to July 31, 2009 (Mid Night) (“the Promotion Period”), for travel between May 20, 2009 to October 31, 2009 (“travel Period”). Lufthansa German Airlines has a right to curtail or extend the Promotion Period/ travel period, as it deems necessary.
2. The Promotion and Sweepstakes shall only be valid in India for Students who are Indian Nationals.
3. An employee, agent or a relative of an employee of Lufthansa German Airlines, India (“Promotion Administrator”) or its affiliates shall not be eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes.
4. Each Participant must ensure that his/her participation in ‘the Promotion’ is lawful and is in accordance with these terms and conditions and the applicable laws.
The Lufthansa Student Promotion and Sweepstakes
By Participating in this promotion each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to accept these Official Rules as specified herein below:
All entries must be received during the Promotion and Sweepstakes period. The results will be announced fortnightly, subsequent to verification of eligible entries.
1. How to Enter the Promotion and Sweepstakes and to win:
Simply log on to www.lufthansa.com and book your one way ticket to US online during the promotion period and you will automatically be a part of :
1. Extra allowance for one additional piece of baggage weighing up to 23Kilos.( The extra allowance will be offered only to the first Gateway in the US)
2. Free Matrix Sim card for Europe and US and other benefits. ( For the Matrix terms and conditions please visit www.matrix.in/lufthansa_offers.html )
3. Lufthansa Student Promotion Sweepstakes -
In case you do not wish to participate in the promotion simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This offer is available only to students who have been granted admission to a US based college or university. Students should be travelling on a one way ticket booked online, on Lufthansa.com during the promotion and Sweepstakes period. All students who are Citizens and Residents of India and are 18 years of age or older are eligible to take part in the sweepstakes.
Free one way ticket to the US on Lufthansa operated flights.
4. The Free ticket :
A total of 5 free one way tickets will be offered.
The amount paid for purchasing the Student ticket online will be credited back into the credit card used for making the payment. This refund process can take approximately 6 weeks.
5. Announcing the Winners
.One winner will be declared every fortnight on Lufthansa.com in the Promotion period by random drawing from all eligible entries received. The judge's decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entertained.
The draw will be held every fortnight from 20 May, 2009 to 31 July, 2009.
The names of winners for each fortnight will be announced on Lufthansa.com
6. Documents to be submitted by the winner:
The winner would be required to show proof of admission (through documents such as an I-20 form, University Letter, etc.) to claim the free ticket.
Sweepstake Terms and Conditions:
1. Entry to the Promotion is automatic on the purchase of the ticket during the promotion period. No fee is required to be paid for participating in the Sweepstakes.
2. The Participant agrees to provide Lufthansa German Airlines current, complete and accurate information. The personal details provided at the time of booking, will be used by Lufthansa German Airlines to contact the lucky winner.
3. Any decision taken by the ‘Promotion Administrator’ shall be final and binding and not subject to any dispute or challenge.
4. Lufthansa German Airlines does not make any commitment, express or implied, to respond to any feedback, suggestion and, or, queries of the Participants or furnish reasons for inclusion and, or, exclusion of any particular submission of the Participant at any stage of the Sweepstakes.
5. The ‘Promotion Administrator’ may assign any or all of its rights under these Terms and Conditions to its Affiliates without consent of the Participants.
6. Participation in the Sweepstakes shall be construed as an acceptance of the Terms and Conditions stipulated herein. Any breach or default by a Participant of any of the Terms and Conditions herein shall result in immediate disqualification without notice.
7. The Participant undertakes and declares that for participating in the Sweepstakes, he/she shall not use any unauthorized or pirated software. In the event, a Participant is found to be doing so, such Participant shall forthwith be disqualified from participating in the Sweepstakes.
8. The Lufthansa German Airlines officials engaged in the organization and management of the Promotion, including its directors, officers, partners, employees, consultants and agents are under no obligation to render any advice or service to any Participant in respect of the Sweepstakes.
9. Any attempt by a Participant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of Criminal and Civil Laws and should such an attempt be made, Lufthansa German Airlines reserves the right to seek damages from any such Participant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10 Entry into the Sweepstakes constitutes agreement between the participant and Lufthansa German Airlines or its Affiliates to publish the photos or any other details including the benefits awarded to the winners in the Promotion on the website, press and/or any other media that the Promotion Administrator deems fit, reserving the rights of such publications fully and the right to contact the Winner in the future.
By participating in the Promotion, all Participants hereby agree to the same and also that . Lufthansa German Airlines may, at its discretion, choose not to disclose the identity of the selected Participant to other Participants.
11. Benefits shall neither be transferable nor exchangeable for cash or otherwise. No other person or agent can claim the Benefits on behalf of the Winner.
12. Nothing in the Promotion shall affect any intellectual property rights of Lufthansa German Airlines in any product or service, which may be the subject matter of the Promotion.
13. All perpetual and worldwide intellectual property rights, including any copyright in the applications developed by the Participants and, or, their submissions, feedback, material and the like shall be owned by Lufthansa German Airlines. Lufthansa German Airlines shall be entitled to exploit the same in any manner whatsoever.
14. The Participant undertakes to indemnify and keep Lufthansa German Airlines harmless and indemnified against any loss, damage, claims, costs and expenses which may be incurred or suffered by Lufthansa German Airlines due to breach of any Terms and Conditions contained herein by the Participant and/or infringement or violation of any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary right of a third party by the Participant and, or, arising from the participation of the Participant in the Sweepstakes.
15.. In addition to these Terms and Conditions, other specific terms may be imposed by Lufthansa German Airlines any time to deal with any unforeseen situation. Lufthansa German Airlines also reserves the absolute right to change the Terms and Conditions contained herein and, or, any other rules and regulations in respect of the Promotion at any time without any notice, without assigning any reason and without any liability whatsoever. Participants are requested to refer to such other terms and conditions, if any, which may be displayed on-line or intimated separately as Lufthansa German Airlines considers fit. However, no obligation is cast on Lufthansa German Airlines to separately intimate each individual Participant with regard to such additional terms and conditions.
16. Lufthansa German Airlines also reserves the right to withdraw or discontinue with the Promotion at any stage without any liability whatsoever to the Participant and, or, anyone.
General Terms and Conditions:
Each participant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and that the decisions of the ‘Promotion Administrator’ shall be final. The Promotion Administrator reserves the right to disqualify any winners should any of the rules and regulations be breached. No correspondence shall be entertained.
By participating in the Sweepstakes each participant agrees to release the Promotion Administrator and the employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives of the Administrator, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors (collectively “the Released Parties”), harmless including but not limited to from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Promotion or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. The Promotion Administrator reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Administrator's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Administrator in its sole discretion. Promotion Administrator reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in a disruptive manner. The Administrator's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Drawing and Notification:
Entrants are responsible for ensuring that their profiles are correct and updated.
In case you are a lucky winner, you will be informed by Lufthansa on the contact details that you have entered in your booking.
The Promotion Administrator will not be responsible for and will not be liable for any inaccurate or incorrect entry or information by the entrants, any late, misdirected, lost, or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners. If a winner cannot be reached via the e-mail address and/or contact number provided within ten (10) working days from Promotion Administrator's first attempt to contact him/her, an alternate winner will be selected by random drawing.
By participating in the Sweepstake entrants agree that Promotion Administrator shall not be liable for losses or injuries of any kind resulting from acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of prize(s), participation in Promotion, or any technical malfunctions of the telephone network and/or transmission line, or unavailable network server, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability of cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors or problems of any kind whether technical, mechanical, electronic, network, printing, typographical, computer, computer on-line system, computer equipment, hardware, software, or any combination thereof, or any entries that are late (including delayed data transmissions), tampered with, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, lost, mutilated, delayed, corrupted, mechanically duplicated, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. Entrants also agree that Promotion Administrator is not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant's or third person's computer related to or resulting from Promotion and its prizes. The Promotion Administrator is not liable for damage to a user's computer system in any way due to an entrant's participation in the Promotion or downloading any information in connection with the Promotion, including without limitation any server failure, lost, delayed or corrupted data or other malfunction or otherwise relating to or in connection with the sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the sweepstakes, the processing of the entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any sweepstakes-related materials.
The Promotion Administrator reserves the right to modify or cancel the Promotion in the event that it becomes technically corrupted.
If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Promotion administrator, that corrupts, impairs or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, administrator reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend the Promotion and/or prizes. Administrator further reserves the right to disqualify, from this Promotion and future Promotions, any individual who tampers with or in any way corrupts the entry process. Administrator may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Promotion or winning a prize if, in Administrator 's sole discretion, Administrator determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Administrator representatives.
Accessing and updating your personal information: We need your help in keeping the personal information you have shared with us accurate and up to date. Please notify us of any changes to your personal information.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third-parties for marketing purposes unless you have granted us permission to do so.
We may share your personal information within Lufthansa or any of our worldwide subsidiaries for purposes of data processing or storage.
We may respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process by disclosing your personal information and other related information, if necessary. We also may choose to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
We will ask you for your opt-in consent to share your personal information with a third party for any other reason.
Jurisdiction: The disputes, if any, arising out of or in conjunction with or as a result of this offer or otherwise relating hereto shall be referred to the Sole Arbitration of Director South Asia. Or any other person nominated by him. The Arbitration shall be in English language. The proceedings of the Arbitration shall be held at the Registered office of the Promotion Administrator.
In the event of any disputes arising out subject matter of this agreement it should be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts/tribunals of Haryana, irrespective of whether courts/tribunals in other areas have concurrent or similar jurisdiction.
Lufthansa will not retain your personal information longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations.
We process personal data that was collected during visits to our website in adherence to German law. Moreover our privacy statement is in alignment with working guidelines for the protection of data applicable for Lufthansa.
Lufthansa respects your privacy.
Our websites may contain links to other suppliers to which our privacy statement does not apply.
Processing and usage of personal data
Usage and transfer of personal data and earmarking
Lufthansa only processes and uses your personal data for service reasons within the website www.lufthansa.com and the Lufthansa Online Newsletter. This enables us to present you with tailor-made offers and/or save you from having to enter certain information repeatedly and only up to the extent necessary.
We will not transfer your personal data to third parties.
In case you provide the personal data for the offers by associated partner that you find on www.lufthansa.com, you book directly with these partners. You will be advised accordingly by these associated partners and Lufthansa does not assume responsibility for the same..
Some of our offers give you the opportunity to save personal data (e.g. FAQ). This data is only used together with the respective request and will not be stored without your permission beyond the request.
Raising or transferring of personal data for government agencies and offices will only be done in adherence to German law. Our employees and contractors/partners are committed to confidentiality as per § 5 of the German Federal Data Protection Act.
All Airlines are legally bound to make all passenger reservation and flight data available to the U.S. customs and border authorities. This data will be used for attending security issues only. Further information you can find here.
Option to choose
We would like to use your data to inform you of our products and services as well as those of our partners and, where applicable, survey you. You decide yourself whether you would like to receive information from us. Should you ever change your mind you can always set this function at "My Profile" under the "Newsletter and SMS services" yourself.
Right to access personal data
Upon request Lufthansa will inform you whether and what exactly of your personal data is saved by us. Should any data be wrong despite our efforts regarding the correctness of data and being up-to-date we will correct it if you ask us to. You can update your personal data yourself at "My Profile". Please update your personal data immediately after a change occurs.
Lufthansa uses appropriate technical and effective security measures to protect the data administered by us against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, change and deletion. Our security measures are being continuously improved according to the technical development. Data processing and data transfer is secured by SSL-protocol (Secure Socket Layer).
Links to third party sites
The Web sites may contain links to other web sites (“linked sites”). The linked sites are not under the control of Lufthansa and Lufthansa is not responsible for the contents of any Linked site, including without limitation to any link contained in a Linked site, or any changes or updates to a linked site. Lufthansa is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Lufthansa of the site or any association with its operators.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A SWEEPSTAKES PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKE IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, ADMINISTRATOR AND ITS DESIGNEES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.