Checking in baggage
Checking in baggage at the self-service baggage kiosks at Munich and Frankfurt
Where to find the baggage kiosks at Frankfurt and Munich
At Munich Airport there are 19 self-service baggage check-in kiosks available. These are located at the northern and southern entrances to the Terminal 2 departures hall by counters 410-415, 476-482 and 485-490.
Requirements for checking in your bags at the baggage kiosks
- Place your boarding pass barcode-side down on the scanner. If you are using a mobile boarding pass, please make sure that your phone’s background light is switched on.
- Check the details of your booking which appear on the screen and press Check in baggage if all the details are correct.
- Place your first item of baggage on the conveyor belt.
- The self-adhesive baggage tag is printed out automatically.
- Attach the tag to your bag.
- Confirm the removal of your bag on the conveyor belt. You can now check in your other items of baggage.
- A receipt will be printed out for your checked baggage. Please retain this receipt until you have collected your bags at your destination airport.
Checking in baggage at the baggage check-in counter
As a receipt for your checked baggage you will receive a part of the baggage tag; this helps us to trace your bags should they be lost. Please keep this tag receipt with you until you have collected all your bags at your destination airport.