Register now for automated Check-in and your mobile boarding pass will be sent to your mobile phone as an SMS or e-mail approx. 23 hours before departure. This way you can start your trip feeling relaxed as well as saving valuable time. The service is available free of charge on all Lufthansa flights within the Schengen area.*
How automated Check-in works:
Register via your Miles & More profile – for all flights within Germany and Europe
- As a Miles & More member, simply register for automated Check-in via your Miles & More profile under ‘Travel Services’ to automatically use this service on all routes you fly on board Lufthansa within Germany and Europe.
- Choose whether you want to have your mobile boarding pass sent as an SMS or e-mail.
- Make sure to reserve your seat when you book.
To have your mobile boarding pass sent as an SMS, both your mobile phone number and your e-mail address (so we can send you your passenger receipt) must be entered in your profile.**
If you do not wish to use the automated Check-in service, you can just deactivate this service via your Miles & More profile at least 24 hours before departure. You can reactivate this service in your profile at any time.
Register via the link in your booking confirmation – every time you book a flight
- If you do not want to register for automated Check-in via your Miles & More profile or if you are not a Miles & More member, you can also register for this service via the link in your booking confirmation.
- Using the automated Check-in service is only valid for the flight you have booked and only if it is a confirmed booking.
- This service is only possible when you confirm your seat reservation when booking each flight, provided the booking class chosen permits a seat reservation.
- Lufthansa automated Check-in will take place 23 hours before departure, and your boarding pass will be sent either as an e-mail or SMS** to the e-mail address or mobile phone number that you have provided to us.
You can of course change your seat reservation at any time online or via your mobile at LH.com
Please note that making a change to your booking after automated Check-in has taken place is possible 23 hours before departure via LH.com, by selecting ‘Check-in’ and the option ‘Cancel Check-in’; or by calling the Lufthansa Service Team at +49 (0)69 - 86 799 799 or your local
Service Team. This is only possible if your fare type on your ticket permits changes to be made.
*With a few exceptions.
**Registration and sending SMS are both free of charge. Any additional charges from your mobile network provider (e.g. for receiving SMS abroad or for sending SMS to a foreign mobile number) must be paid by you.