When you and your baby fly with Lufthansa you will feel in good hands because our special services are set up to cater fully to your needs:
- On our entire long-haul fleet we have special baby cots available to you. The bassinets are perfectly suited for babies up to 14 kg in weight and up to 83 cm in length. The number of bassinets on board is limited. You can reserve the baby cots up to 48 hours before flight departure on: +49 (0)69-86 799 799. Please note that a seat reservation fee for the seat with bassinet may apply depending on your ticket condition. For further information please contact our call center.
- Night flights are especially suitable for journeys with babies because they can maintain their usual sleep pattern and therefore have the best chance of settling down to sleep.
- You can keep your buggy or pram with you until just before boarding; it will be handed back to you immediately after landing.
- During the aircraft’s ascent and descent, help your baby to equalize the air pressure by giving him/her a dummy or a bottle.
- Take along your baby’s favourite food or bottle, as the supplies of baby food on board Lufthansa flights are limited.
- We will happily warm up baby’s bottles or food for you on board.
- There is adequate water for babies’ bottles on board which saves you having to buy water after you have passed through the security control.
- We also have spare nappies on board for emergencies.
- Baby changing units can be found in the washrooms on board.
- Children who turn two years of age during the trip require their own seat. In this case the child fare will be charged for the entire trip.
- Please note that for safety reasons, only one infant under 2 is permitted to be seated on an adult’s lap in flight. However, if you have a second child under two years old travelling with you, you have the option of booking a seat and taking an appropriate child restraint system, such as a baby car seat or child seat, on board with you.
- With Lufthansa, children under the age of two are entitled to one piece of baggage weighing up to 23 kg under the free baggage allowance.