The world's unique intensive care unit on intercontinental flights
We also set standards in transporting patients: The Lufthansa Patient Transportation Compartment (PTC) combines state-of-the-art technology, skilled specialists and efficient processes with the comfort and safety of a hospital intensive care unit - and that at an altitude of 32,000 feet.
There are many good reasons to choose the PTC:
- Plenty of space to enable the best medical care
- Service support with the formalities and coordination of the transportation
- Up to 50 percent time-saving through using the PTC on scheduled flights
- Availability of the PTC is checked within 30 minutes
- Checking of the patient's fitness for transport before the full PTC costs are incurred
- Much lower costs than by customary air ambulances
State-of-the-art technology. For best possible care.
Flying time & route network
Direct flights to destinations around the world.