Cancellation of Lufthansa flights online
If you need to cancel a Lufthansa flight, you can do so easily at lufthansa.com. The online cancellation and refund function enables you to cancel flight bookings* quickly and easily up to 24 hours prior to the start of your journey.
This is how it works:
- On the Lufthansa homepage, click the "Cancellation" quicklink, and you will be taken straight to the login page of your booking overview.
- Enter your last name and the booking code to retrieve the cancellable booking. If you are already logged in, the refundable bookings will have a "Cancellation and Refund" button next to them in your booking overview.
- Click the "Cancellation and Refund" button next to the booking that you wish to cancel and confirm your choice on the following page.
- You will now automatically receive a confirmation e-mail, the booking will be cancelled and the amount to be refunded will be transferred or credited to your credit card.
Flights which have not been purchased through a Lufthansa office or lufthansa.com may be cancelled online. However, for a ticket refund, please contact the travel agency which issued the ticket.
Please note, that special fares may be non-refundable and a refund service charge may apply.
Not available in the following countries: Brazil, Kuwait, Oman, Poland, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates and in countries where it is not possible to book online.
To Online Cancellations
Frequently asked questions
* Does not apply to award tickets.
For free-of-charge ticket refunds due to flight cancellations resutling from strike actions please contact the Lufthansa Service Center.