Simply faster – get ready for your trip and relax with HomeTag
Here’s how the HomeTag works
Just print the HomeTag, attach it to your luggage and save time when you check your luggage. The HomeTag contains exactly the information that airports need to transport your luggage to your destination: your flight route, your name, special transport conditions and, above all, the luggage number, which is also visibly printed as a bar code. That’s how baggage handling systems at the airport recognise your luggage.
Please note that the tag should be printed in colour for departures within the EU – according to the applicable legal requirements.
The benefits of the HomeTag
Here’s how to prepare your luggage with the HomeTag
- Check in online at LH.com.
- Select your seat for your flight.
- Enter the number of pieces of luggage – for your return flight, too, if you like. (This option is available for previously released routes for which the HomeTag is available.)
- Print your desired travel documents (boarding pass or passenger receipt) as well as the HomeTag for your luggage.
- Attach the HomeTag to your luggage with a holder. The holders are issued at the Lufthansa baggage checking counters. And you’re finished!