Live sport at an altitude of over 10,000 metres – a reason to cheer
Blow the whistle for a new era of in-flight entertainment: from now on, Lufthansa will be offering the Sport 24 live TV channel on more and more long-haul flights. With this free service in all classes, passengers will no longer have to miss out on sporting highlights during their flight.
Sport on board – be there live
The English-language channel has exclusive broadcasting rights worldwide for the following sports events:
- English Premier League football
- Tennis – Grand Slam and other tournaments
- Golf – selected tournaments
New sports are constantly being added to our programme offer.
You will find details of the current programme on the Sport 24 homepage.
Live TV works as simply as this
Depending on the type of aircraft, passengers can follow the programme via their own smartphone, laptop or iPad or directly via the in-seat screen. For those using their own device, the free FlyNet® portal automatically opens with the browser and from this they can directly select Sport 24.
This service is available on an ever-increasing number of FlyNet® flights in all classes.
The Sport 24 live TV service will have been extended across the network by 2013.
Which devices allow passengers to make use of the live TV offer?
Currently the following devices, operating systems and browsers are fully compatible with live TV usage:
- PC with Linux or Windows 2000, Win XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 when used with browsers with Flash version 10.1 and above
- MAC OSX when used with browsers with Flash version 10.1 and above
- MAC OSX 10.6 and above when used with Safari without Flash but with HTML 5 compatibility
- iOS 3.X and above.
The following devices, operating systems and browsers are only partially compatible and may show error messages:
- other devices, operating systems and browsers with HTML 5 and HLS support.
The following devices, operating systems and browsers are currently not supported:
- all devices using an Android operating system (all Android versions), e.g. Amazon Kindle, Google Nexus, Samsung Galaxy, etc.
- MAC OSX 10.6 and above when using browsers without Flash
- all versions of Blackberry
- all devices with iOS 2.0 and above
- all devices, operating systems and browsers without Flash, HTML 5 and HLS support.